Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self Diagnosis- Asking my GP

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *hug*

could it be possible you have bi-polar disorder? I have a friend who has that and can go from "oh-my-gosh-I-can-do-anything" to "crap-what's-the-point" and back again over and over again. I am pretty sure that's what she got diagnosed with.

Again, I think diagnosis isn't the most important thing here; mood swings are a part of many forms of depressive disorders and anxiety disorders. Can you try and record when your mood swings are happening, and if there are triggers? And talk it through with your CAMHS workers or GP asap.

I find phone calls or knitting are calming for me when I get a crushing low; is there anything like that you can use?
    Thanks guys :)
    Haven't heard back from CAMHS since they phoned. Don't really care any more. Feel very empty, another nurse appointment Tuesday... might talk to her about it all, don't like her much though, she's put my dressing on wrong and the sticky bits on the burn and I just want to take it off :(
    I'll try and keep a mood diary, but normally it's all so quick and I don't even think and I forget most things. I don't really have anything like that, when it's too loud I always put my headphones in and that helps a bit, but when I'm really low I just sit where I am. Normally I don't even have the energy to self harm, I just sit. And if I'm buzzy there is nothing that could possibly calm me down x
    Have you tried MoodGym?
    I've just signed up to it, but I still don't really understand what it is!
    I'd sort of heard about it before and then my psychiatrist recommended it to me so I thought I'd give it a better go :P. It covers the principles of CBT.... Quite good for making you think about events / emotions / thoughts / feelings and the links between all of them.

I think it is only as good as the effort you put into it though. I'm on the second module (thoughts) and there's a section that is actually really useful for me.... It's on warped thinking e.g. jumping to conclusions, all or nothing thinking etc etc and it has loads of different examples and it sort of makes it easier to recognise that thinking in yourself. Reason I say this is that I think there is a link between my "warped thinking" and my mood swings. I often get into arguments or get upset / angry because my interpretation of what someone has said is so negative. So in an attempt to try and sort things out with my boyfriend, we're going to work through the list of examples and he's (hopefully!) gonna help me with the examples which I can't see that I do myself. So yeah, I would recommend!

Although sometimes a bit annoying because they have these weird fictional characters and sometimes they try to be funny and it's just like NO. But yeahhhh that's probs just me :P
    Yeah, MoodGym is really good if you can go along with it.

I agree with YSH, 'twisted' or 'warped' thinking has played a major part in my lows and although I know that intellectually I still find the exercises really useful.
    I'll try using it for a bit :) But I am a bit rubbish at sticking to things like that... I'm seeing the nurse tomorrow, I might ask her if she knows what's happening about counselling and the like, getting a bit worried they've forgotten me :nervous:
    i wouldn't worry that they have forgotten you , referals can take ages, i think mine took around 4 weeks for my initial apt to come through and then it was monthly Psychiatrist apts and around four or six of those before i got my initial pschologist apt. Over subscribed and understaffed / underfunded.

Keep nagging and pushing, and stay strong x
    Saw the nurse today. I was in a total mess, harmed myself before I left to walk there, had a panic attack in the waiting room, then couldn't stop laughing. I told him that people have been asking if I'm on drugs, and he said he's going to email the doctor and CAMHS man to see if they can speak up my assessment. I'm already an urgent case though so I doubt they'll be able to do it any quicker.
    I'm allowed to take my bandage off on Friday though :yippe: That's on the condition I don't cut over the burns though, he said if I do that I have to go back, and I have to keep my arm clean x
    it's good thaT you are being sped through as much as possible, try and come on here if you get the urge to SH again, i know its a bit quiet but try and distract yourself. Take care of yourself xx
    Can not cope with any more. CAMHS appointment on the 7th. Don't think I'll last till then at this rate.
    Hang on in there <3 xx
    Hi Broken-Angel

Sending big hugs your way tonight. Sounds like its been a tough day for you. *hug*

Anything in particular happen today?

Like moomoo15 said, hang on in there and come back to the site in the meantime. There's always someone here that will listen.

Phil :heart:
    Can not cope with any more. CAMHS appointment on the 7th. Don't think I'll last till then at this rate.

you can. You are doing well to get this far and seek help. Hang in there x
    Thanks guys... bit of a mess today. The only nurse I want to see is booked till the end of november. Bit lost, don't know what to do.
    how are you getting on with the mood gym stuff?