Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Whatcha Making?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    You could totally get in on www.etsy.com
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    You could totally get in on www.etsy.com

I love Esty and Folksy...I'd love to sell things once I get a little bit better and more creative :)
  • Options
    Few more :)

Where do you get all the charms from?
  • Options
    I love Esty and Folksy...I'd love to sell things once I get a little bit better and more creative :)

I would absolutely buy (and wear, regularly) that bronzey charm bracelet. I'm not really into rings, but I'd buy pretty much all your necklaces too.
  • Options
    So, what are you are doing at the moment? Anyone knitting / crocheting / writing / creating anything exciting?

I'm on a sock craze at the moment and just cast on some spring forwards. I have many socks I want to make but not enough hours to do them.

Oh, and I'm also making a little hedgehog for my daughter. I need a 48 hour day!

wow! the hedgehogs are superb! You must be very creative! I like those hedgehogs! Keep it up!
  • Options
    Been at my guitar for the past while now.

Clicky

Wow, that's amazing :)
  • Options
    A few more jewellery creations :)

That's cute! Did you made all of those included? I mean the ball? You're good. Post more creation of yours!
  • Options
    I've done panda's front body section, his bum, and am almost finished on his head (need to do three more rows of stocking stitch and then start my decreases).

Eeeeee I might actually finish something for a change :D
  • Options
    I made shoes for my baby! :hyper:

IMAG0611.jpg

Made from recyled leather, including an minging old skirt I rescued from a charity shop (I mean, pink leather pencil skirt? Really?) and vintage buttons. Just testing the pattern before I make more, which is why they only have those funny little flowers on the front. Could do with a few tweaks, but generally I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out.
  • Options
    Look! Look! Socks! (Well, not yet, obviously, but look!)

333051814.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1309297342&Signature=TCh%2Bm7ynWZyL6SU%2BU8FydsM5GYU%3D
  • Options
    Kaff: The shoes are AWESOME! Kudos to you!

I put my knitting needles on the shelf when my blokey left the country and haven't touched them since. Mom took me to a knitting store and I fell in love with a 1960's inspired sweater I saw there so ended up buying yarn for a week away from my sewing machine.
    There's a picture of the sweater and how it knits out in this blog:
    http://tariblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-project-helga-isager-60s-sweater.html
    It's been a while since I fell in love this badly!

I also made my boy a pair of jeans with my sewing machine but they are almost too-small. *sigh* Maybe I can rescue them and get 2-3 weeks or so out of them but the plan is to make another one. A bigger pair!

Sewing is really enjoyable. Knitting is fun but I do enjoy the whole other dimension a sewing machine offers. Custom made pants are in the works, I'm playing around with pattern customization/tailoring.
  • Options
    I am so incredibly impressed.
  • Options
    I might be able to finish knitting my green shawl by the end of the week...and then maybe i can finish the fox stole i started when Lolzabeth & Hellfire's eldest was 3 months old. He's just started school...

So I fail at finishing things!
  • Options
    I finished my very first guitar last Thursday...

Amazing! Well impressed :)
  • Options
    I just finished making a duck! He is knitted by hand for the Surrey Care Trust to use as a mascot so watch out for him on Twitter and YouTube.

Can't get the upload thingy to work at the moment though, will try again another time.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Can't get the upload thingy to work at the moment though, will try again another time.

Damn.
    But yay, well done!
  • Options
    I've tried several times but still can't get the duck pictures to upload :(

So what's everyone working on at the moment?

I'm doing a couple of pairs of socks and a rose covered tea cosy, all knitted of course.
  • Options
    I made jeans! :D

6249374834_57d1300bf4.jpg
  • Options
    Wow they are really good.
  • Options
    I'm working on easy things, my concentration is totally failing. I started the Bloody Stupid Johnson hat from Knitty in honour of the new Discworld novel, but my gauge is out on the cable band, so need to restart.