Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what are the best bars in Birmingham?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
which ones? :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I thought somebody may know from experience. no need to be rude.
  • Options
    I'm not.
  • Options
    It's all about who you go with.

What sort of night out are you looking for? There are bars for salsa, picking up girls, having a laugh with a group, pre-theatre drinks, live music, getting shot/stabbed?
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I'm not.

it was, but i will overlook. it's healthy to let things slide.
  • Options
    Straight or gay bars ?
  • Options
    kira wrote: »
    it was, but i will overlook. it's healthy to let things slide.

You can overlook it all you like, but it wasn't rude, and you are over sensitive if you found it so.
  • Options
    Kira obviously doesn't really want advise on bars in Birmingham and would rather just provoke an argument, which is evidenced by ignoring relevant questions about types of bars he's looking for and purely picking on grace's reply instead.
  • Options
    *whispers* i thought it was a little bit rude. but yeah obvs kira isnt really answering any other questions so maybe he isnt interested in the best bars in birmingham afterall.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    It's all about who you go with.

What sort of night out are you looking for? There are bars for salsa, picking up girls, having a laugh with a group, pre-theatre drinks, live music, getting shot/stabbed?

picking up girls.
  • Options
    I wouls just take a walk down Broad Street and check out the queues, go where the girls are going.
  • Options
    kira wrote: »
    picking up girls.

Not going to happen if you act like this.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Not going to happen if you act like this.

why?
  • Options
    Being dismissive and confrontational towards people who were trying to help, then drawing the discussion away from what you actually wanted to know about.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sorry, but it was rude and kind of starts a thread off in a weird direction.

If I'm going to a city and looking for a bar then I would definitely ask people for tips rather than just 'googling' - it's all about hearing people's personal experiences and getting a sense of recommendations.

There have been loads of similar threads where people have just come back with their favourite bars without this level of animosity.

Kira, if you're out to meet girls then finding a good group of mates and seeing where they would usually hang out is probably a good move. :)
  • Options
    :blush: Sorry Helen

Although to be fair Kira has declined to respond to the majority of relevant posts in this thread, because arguing with me is much more fun apparently.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    grace wrote: »

Although to be fair Kira has declined to respond to the majority of relevant posts in this thread, because arguing with me is much more fun apparently.

:yes:

Well, it's certainly been a rocky start for you eh Kira? But based on the 'do you think I'm weird' thread, it would be cool if you do want to get on the better side of people on TheSite.org... :)
  • Options
    the arcadian has some nice bars. if you're looking for somewhere to meet people to speak to rather than a bar for dancing then there are some classy restaurants and wine bars in the mailbox . island bar is good and they do amazing cocktails. i don't know what sort of age range you were thinking, if you're looking for younger girls then there is oceana, risa, gatecrasher... these are all nightclubs so less good for chatting but might be good for taking someone to if you meet someone in a bar.
  • Options
    oceana, that's the one I was thinking of for guys to go to pick up girls.
  • Options
    and get shot, stabbed, kicked to death.............
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    and get shot, stabbed, kicked to death.............

All part of the experience :thumb:
  • Options
    custard factory seems to be a winner for that
  • Options
    Lol if you wanna pick up a fat bird whos passed out and lost one shoe then go down broad street.

For the nicer bars go to Brindley Place or the Mailbox :)
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Being dismissive and confrontational towards people who were trying to help, then drawing the discussion away from what you actually wanted to know about.

why does that mean i cannot pick up girls? :confused:
  • Options
    I'll second the suggestion of the island bar. Amazing cocktails made by bar staff who really know their stuff. The Wellington is a good Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) pub, up on Newhall Street. Bit old manny and can get quite full after work, but a decent pint is usually on offer.

Um, I would avoid Broad Street bars like the plague tbh. Full of students, hen nights, and stag parties, but if that's your thing, fair play, you'll find loads of bars that'll suit :)
  • Options
    I'm not single, but my mates have ALWAYS pulled in Gatecrasher and Risa on Broadstreet. I would steer clear of Digbeth, unless you're looking to pull a dealer.
  • Options
    I'm not single, but my mates have ALWAYS pulled in Gatecrasher and Risa on Broadstreet. I would steer clear of Digbeth, unless you're looking to pull a dealer.

Digbeth is where you'll find the good music though ;)
  • Options
    Any suggestions GoodFella?

I'm an old-ish fart who doesn't want to give up yet, but I hardly know anybody down here who still wants to go proper clubbing.

Cheers, nice one, sorted!
  • Options
    Just to go to Broad Street dancing and drinking you will get to meet top men.;):thumb: