Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do I get my girlfriend to forgo sex and just snuggle with me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I like having sex but prefer to cuddle and snuggle with her. How do I approach this with a sex-addicted girlfriend. I like her personality but am on the verge of breaking up unless she can be more intimate with me in the near future. I want to have her wrap her arms around me while I do the same to her but it always leads to sex. How can I smooch and hug and hold her without sex always being an end result?

Ladies (or men), thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there robertalex,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

This issue clearly matters a lot to you and is therefore worth dealing with. Cuddling and affection can be a big part of a relationship, as essential as sex for some. Intimacy comes in many different forms depending on people's needs.

You sound a little worried on how to approach this with your girlfriend - but it seems like there is no other way but to mention this to her. Have a look at our article on communicating as a couple - and simply try to be honest.
    You could make sure she understands you love having sex with her, but at times you feel a snuggle is what you need and is as important to you as you love being with her :)

Let us know how you get on *hug*
    I have the opposite problem. I'd love to just have a cuddle but my bf takes it to mean "yay sex time...." I've tried to bring it up in a light hearted way but think I may have to be more "serious". I recommend telling her straight up. Compromise is key in a relationship I think, hopefully she'll understand :)
    Yea, good luck with that.

snuggling cuddling and then no sex, is like being hungry like a wolf, cooking up a badass lasagna for 1,5 hours and then throw it out without taking a bite and eat some zwieback.
    Gender Difference?

Obviously, there's overlap (hah!) but I always thought men generally insist on sex while many women prefer cuddling, at least some of the time. If you do need to exchange your girlfriend for a new one, you will likely find lots of takers.

Personally, I think you are a fine catch.