Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mobile version not showing themes.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Attachment not found.

Samsung Galaxy S II (Android)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Happening with me too.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Confirmed here too, I forgot to say it. Also an Android phone, with the default browser.
    EDIT: Actually not the mobile version, it's the regular version on the mobile. It appears red no matter whichever style I pick, even the mobile one.
    Same here! I also have a problem with the loading time on a mobile.
    +1, was definitely working last week with the mobile theme, now when I try to change it to mobile it just loads whatever it was before.
    I miss vision in violet :(
  • patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Hi there all - we really apologise about this - there was a setting to auto detect mobile devices in an old vBulletin plugin left on after testing. :o I've switched this off again now so you should be able to select the theme you want from the drop down on your mobile.

We've recently been doing some work to create a new mobile friendly page for TheSite.org. It'll link to different services/content on TheSite.org that's mobile accessible. As part of this, we've been doing some work on creating a better mobile theme for the Boards than we currently have. vBulletin recently made their latest mobile theme available.

We've been going through to see what it's like - the new version does some of the things that people have flagged up that the current mobile theme from vBulletin doesn't do. But also seems to still have some of the problems :(

Hopefully we'll be in a position to make a new mobile theme available shortly. As always your feedback is appreciated.