Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
iv just started taking the pill (microgynon) and iv just finished my first strip of 21 pills. iv stopped now for my weeks break and I know you're meant to bleed/have a period but I start taking my pill again tomorrow and iv had absolutely nothing. is this normal? should I take a pregnancy test? or is it just cos iv only just started taking it? any experiences would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you're really weird.

:hyper:
    Always worth giving the practice nurse or NHS direct a shout, but I think it's pretty normal. I don't always bleed between packs.
    kezia wrote: »
    you're really weird.

:hyper:

thanks for that helpful post. I'm not weird :(
    Hi FireyFirenze

I cant give you any advice from 'experience' so to speak, but the section here on TheSite regarding info on contracetpion is pretty good. It will give you an overview and information on common side effects.

If somethings a real worry though, your best to speak to the doctor or nurse that first prescribed them to you.

Hope that helps a bit. :thumb:

Phil :wave:
    Speaking from experience -

I would say thats pretty normal seeing as you've just started taking it. You may find that next break you'll come on quicker than expected, and the routine will settle down after 2/3 months.

If you're still worried though see a nurse