Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Options please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyy

OK I'm really not well at the moment. I'm not safe.

What are my options? Anything apart from presenting at A&E?

Man I'm desperate.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you got anyone who you can go to to take your mind off things, friends family etc?

What about speaking to the samaritans?
    Any friends you can spend time with?
    Hi yellow seahorse,:wave:

Im sorry to hear you are feeling like this at the moment, as summer raindrops and scary monster have said is there anyone you can go and see to take your mind of things and to just be around ? such as close family or friends ??or the Samaritans provide an excellent listening service if you wanted to talk to someone impartial who is there to just listen. The number is 08457 90 90 90. It can be really helpful to talk through how you are feeling at the moment for a short term solution and then maybe go and have a word with your G.P or a local mental health service to see what they can offer you longer term.

I hope this has helped !! Please let us know how you are getting on and keep posting !!

Take Care,

B :thumb:
    If you contact the social services out of hours service, they will normally be able to put you in contact with the crisis team, who should be able to help you.

Otherwise if you are in contact with some kind of psychiatric/psychological service they should be able to give you a crisis card with numbers on it that you can call in a crisis.

Hope you get some support!
    Hey guys

Sorry for the lack of reply.

I ended up calling a number I found on my referral and so talked to the crises team. The woman wasn't too impressed that I hung up on her, but luckily she got through to me again before sending someone round ;)

Won't go into details about what happened that night, but my psych appointment has been moved forward to tomorrow, which is a lot better than the end half of November like previously.

Talked to my parents / tutors about dropping out of uni. Going to give it a few more weeks though. Tutor has also informed the relevent people who teach me, so maybe that will help with the pressure etc. And everything is in place if I do decide to leave, which I guess is good because it means I can make an informed decision without having to worry about telling people etc. Boyfriend is driving me to my appointment tomorrow so I suppose all is good!