Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Major stressed/fat/yuk/bla pls help *trig * ed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK i have an eating disorder i restict most days but odd day ill eat shit and i mean sandwiches crisps maybe a ice cream.. im SO ashamed discusted i cud kill myself...
i duno whats wrong with me its everytime im reali angry or if i feel NO1S helping eg my doc said she will get my mental health team to ring and see me within 2 days and ive got no call etc im so angry always messing me about so eat shit !!

Please help me how do i not eat shit or i dno cope better?
because i cant take this anymore i want to kill myself :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Please help me how do i not eat shit or i dno cope better?
    because i cant take this anymore i want to kill myself

you do it because you are starving and sometimes your reaction to stress is to do something impulsive. you'd be less likely to overeat (by your standards, it doesn't sound like you actually do overeat) if you were able to eat more regularly. but that's the vicious cycle of eating disorders. you starve until you can't help but eat a lot in one go, then feel so bad that you starve again.

you could try to find another way to respond to situations other than using food, depending on what else you find calming or enjoyable. i know you like to write so maybe if you've been upset by something you could try to write instead of eating, and try to just eat a little bit more each day so that your body isn't crying out for food all the time.
    i do not starve and i do eat little and often yeah i restrict but i do not starve
    i eat little and often i eat around 11am then half 3 then 6:30 so i dont starve at all yes i have an eating disorder but not every one with a ed starves or over eats x
    you said that you eat more than you would like (so in your own mind you overeat or eat 'bad' food) in reaction to stressful situations. if your diet is very restricted then you ARE starving. and if you weren't restricting then your body wouldn't be so hungry and then you might be less likely to eat things you normally wouldn't when you are stressed.
    i do not starve and i do eat little and often yeah i restrict but i do not starve
    i eat little and often i eat around 11am then half 3 then 6:30 so i dont starve at all yes i have an eating disorder but not every one with a ed starves or over eats x

omg hi was trying to help you and, from experience, she is one of the best people to do that on here, so a little bit more respect wouldn't go amiss.

If you aren't eating enough then your body will want more. By your own admission you aren't eating enough, so your body wants more.

I don't mean to be a bitch, but from here it seems to me that you don't want to get better. You're not going to get anything out of professional help until you start helping yourself. I know how difficult it is (lord knows I do), but you need to step outside your comfort zone and stop using your mental illness as an excuse. Force yourself to eat one decent sized meal a day, even if you don't finish it. Let yourself eat the odd sarnie or ice cream or bag of crisps. Stop letting yourself be "I am dg and I have an eating disorder" and start just being "I am dg".
    omg hi was trying to help you and, from experience, she is one of the best people to do that on here, so a little bit more respect wouldn't go amiss.

thanks love. i'd rather she took it out on me than herself. x
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    DG, I think we all really want to try and help you as best as we can, but if your not going to take the advice people offer you, then you won't get the help you need. I agree with Franki when she tells you to get out of your "Comfort zone" I wonder if you have ever watched "Supersize Vs Superskinny" It tell's you a lot of dangers about being under weight. DG, do you actually want our help or just our attention?
    omg as if ur all having ago at me i never once took it out on omg hi so why ru saying such horrible things,
    all i said is i do not starve... whats wrong with that im being bloody honest so theres no need to attack me i eat 3 meals a day hows that starving ?? seriously guys were have i once had ago at her :(
    that hurts,
    how can u even say i dont want to get better when u dont even no me,, and theres me actually got help so dno why u all saying i dont want help...i fuking h8 people who say this is for attention ... u CLEARLY do not have a clue about eating disorders its about bloody CONTROL not attention!!! u obviously want some kinda attention picking on inocent people! all i wanted is ur someones help not shit off people saying i want attention when u have no clue
    ps this is A SUPPORT FORUM not give people crap just to let u know !
    Depressedgirl, i am anorexic. There you go, i've said it now. I could really have helped you, but you've rejected my help every time. There is nothing mean in either of my post. Your responses are downright offensive and i don't deserve that. Suit yourself and stay as you are, it's no skin off my nose.
    omg hi i dont understand why u r being horrible to me where have i once been horrible to u , u lot was ssaying i was disrespecting u when i werent and the post above was not to u thats why the person has now pm me i wont b using this bored no more
    Dear Mods, please forgive me for what I am about to do. I am not of sound mind...
    omg hi i dont understand why u r being horrible to me where have i once been horrible to u , u lot was ssaying i was disrespecting u when i werent and the post above was not to u thats why the person has now pm me i wont b using this bored no more

And I quote:
    yes i have an eating disorder but not every one with a ed starves or over eats
    u CLEARLY do not have a clue about eating disorders

Now, forgive me, but that seems to me like you are belittling someone who has tried to help you by (and I'm paraphrasing, yes) essentially saying, "You don't understand". The reason I said that omg hi was one of the best people to try and help you on here is because I know her very, very well. She is my best friend and I am fully aware of what she is putting HERSELF through to try and help YOU. I don't appreciate people belittling those who try and help them with "You don't know what you're talking about" bullshit, especially when I know that the person to whom they are addressing said comment knows precisely what they are talking about. I won't go into detail because it is not my business to do so, but I WILL say that your initial post was triggering for ME, and given what she has just posted, I will let you reach your own conclusions on how difficult it must have been for her to try and help you in the way she is trying to. The fact that you have driven her to say what she has done on this forum - something that, as far as I am aware, she has NEVER done before - has made me rather angry. She is not being horrible to you. Nobody in this thread (apart from me, right now) has been horrible to you.

What we have done is given you our opinions on your behaviour. Perhaps Angel went a bit too far, but from what you have posted in here and in other threads, it is not an entirely unjustified accusation. (Mods - I refer you back to my initial sentence) Especially when you say such contradictory rubbish as:
    i restict most days
    i eat 3 meals a day

Now, I'm not in the habit of restricting. My food problems centre more around getting rid of the food that I DO eat (I won't say I have an eating disorder, but I don't have the healthiest relationship with food in the world). But to me, restriction and eating in a normal pattern don't exactly fit together. Please, don't tell me that I don't understand, because as I said above, omg hi is my best friend. I have spent days with her and I am fully aware of the relationship she has with food. Again, not my place to go into details, but what I know of her habits and what you are describing don't match.

Now, either you are restricting - in which case omg hi's advice and mine still stand, and you should try to force yourself to break out of the cycle - or you are eating regular meals. If the latter is true, then a) well done you and b) eating the odd packet of crisps shouldn't make any sodding difference.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a spider to go and catch and throw out of the window before it eats me.
    im not going to read any more posts i dont appricate u ganging up on me one of the girls has said sorry and i am not coming bk to this site im waiting to speak to admin and im leaving like i sed i hadnt done anything wrong if u RE READ the post where did i once have a go or dis respect someone ?? answer that because thats what caused all this when i havent done anything wrong but its always pick on the person who doesnt have friends on here cos thats what people do stick up for friends when dont know the full facts i come on here for advice and i get called attention seeker thats TRIGGERED me big time i wont say on here as i DONT TRIGGER people not on perpose it aint fair !!!! and thats for saying i speak rubbish i wont b talking about my feelings anymore this is why people dont dare say how they feel because people judge u then end up doing something stupid
    and u only have expereince about eds cos of ur friend so u dont have one so u cant go round saying its attention seeking when its not ! and i dont appreciate u blaming me that ur friend told everyone about her ED thats no1s fault and im sure admins will agree no1 and i repeat noone can force someone to say i have a ~ED ! why is it u always blame others ? u need to look @ that!
    u quoted what i sed when i sed yes i have a ed but not everyone starves or over eat not being funny but hows that dispecting others?? i dont understand i really really dont and that aint fair...

Admins please can u delete this thank u then delete me thanks
    omg hi they say u cant help no-one if u struggle urself so this is me being nice maybe u should get some help urself
    and u only have expereince about eds cos of ur friend so u dont have one so u cant go round saying its attention seeking when its not ! and i dont appreciate u blaming me that ur friend told everyone about her ED thats no1s fault and im sure admins will agree no1 and i repeat noone can force someone to say i have a ~ED ! why is it u always blame others ? u need to look @ that!
    u quoted what i sed when i sed yes i have a ed but not everyone starves or over eat not being funny but hows that dispecting others?? i dont understand i really really dont and that aint fair...

DG, are you even reading what you are writing. Because the way you are putting this is really pretty much harsh. Yeah I said sorry to you, but then you started bitching about that in PM as well, when I was trying to be NICE to you! I didn't say having a ED was a attention seeking, then I would be calling myself a attention seeker, it's just what you post is the same every time, yeah I've done the same in the pass before I realised how annoying it got and the members not some sense in to me! Buit seriousely DG, your reaction to OMG Hi's post was a bit far fatched, Omg Hi and Franki are 2 of the most caringest people I know on here, so read what you write before you say it! Why not look through your old posts, you are very repeatative, or what about the other websites your apart off? You say the same here as you do on those? Just take the advice and get some help, I know it's not easy, but to over come a ED you need to help yourself.

I'm probaberly going to get in a hell of a lot of trouble with this post but thank god I said it!
    omg hi they say u cant help no-one if u struggle urself so this is me being nice maybe u should get some help urself

From omg hi:

1) Where you say that post wasn't directed at omg hi, why did you use her name at the beginning?
    2) Nobody said that you made her mention her ED.
    3) She will not be made to feel like she's done something wrong when all she's done is try to help her. You have said hurtful things when she's just been trying to help you.
    DG wind ya fucking neck and stop being a twat to people who are trying to help.

Go back, re-read this thread then appologise.
    this is just ridiculous.
    the tone of your first reply to me was rude. it wasn't what you said but the way it came across. restricting is the same as starving. if you don't starve and you don't overeat then what exactly is abnormal about your relationship with food? if you tightly control your diet (which is the same as restricting, which is the same as starving) then you will, at times, fall down and eat unhealthy food or eat what you consider to be too much, especially when you are upset and your control slips. that is all i said to you, and your reply implied that i don't know what i'm on about. i chose to ignore that but franki brought it up.

i said this:
    Depressedgirl, i am anorexic. There you go, i've said it now. I could really have helped you, but you've rejected my help every time. There is nothing mean in either of my post. Your responses are downright offensive and i don't deserve that. Suit yourself and stay as you are, it's no skin off my nose.

i said it because you said we were 'all being horrible'. i counted myself in that 'all' because i am one of the people who had replied. fairly simple.
    and then you said this:
    omg hi i dont understand why u r being horrible to me where have i once been horrible to u

which part of what i said was horrible? none of it. it just wasn't what you wanted to hear. i'm not going to pat you on the head and say nevermind, i'm going to try and help you, because you asked for help.

who is the 'they' that says that? i've never heard it. how dare you say that i can't help people? helping people is what i do. i have a list of mental health diagnoses as long as my arm and one of the ways i cope with it is to try and help other people, so that i can feel that there is some point to it all. i think you will find that someone who has been through the same thing as you is the best person to help, because they understand. i understand the situation you are in, because i've been in it myself. if you don't think i am qualified to help you then fine, but don't you dare say that i can't help anyone, that is totally out of order. just so you know, i also have qualifications in psychology. and for the record, you don't know whether or not i am getting help.
    noone can force someone to say i have a ~ED

no they can't. i said it because hinting doesn't seem to work with you. i wanted to make you see that i know what i'm talking about.

i have done NOTHING wrong here except be foolish enough to think that you might want some advice. i'm getting a bit of de ja vu because i'm sure we've been here before. i don't want you to suffer, just like i don't want anyone in the world to suffer. but i can't make you get better, any more than anyone else can make you get better. i have offered you advice today, yesterday and on several occasions in the past. you've always flared up and got angry, i'm guessing because you know i am right, and it's hard to hear. i get that. i wanted to help. you've been rude to me and i've ignored it so that you can get more help. but in saying that i can't help anyone you have crossed the line, and i want nothing more to do with you. you've dragged my name through the mud once too many times. i will not be made to feel and look bad when i haven't said a single word out of turn. and if you want to leave then leave, it's a shame that you don't want to take all of the help on offer here, but no one is going to beg you to stay just so that you can be offensive all over again.
    i dont care if this post is helpful or not. depressedgal you are one of the rudest people who's posts iv ever read on here and the way you reply you don't deserve omg hi's advice one little bit.
    i dont care if this post is helpful or not. depressedgal you are one of the rudest people who's posts iv ever read on here and the way you reply you don't deserve omg hi's advice one little bit.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with this! You don't realise your being rude, but acuse us of being "mean" take a look at yourself! You know this has happened in the pass as well DG!

Right. I was planning on ignoring this little bout of "you don't know what you're talking about", but I find myself unable to do so.

Firstly, as I said in my longer post, I am not a stranger to problems with food. I won't call it an eating disorder, but it is not a healthy relationship and I know precisely what post-binge guilt feels like. The only difference between me and you, as I see it, is that I don't have the self control to restrict myself on a regular basis aside from skipping dinner when I think I can get away with it. My energy levels are non-existent, my skin is a hot mess, and I have to brush more funk off my tongue every damn day than can really be considered normal. You said it's about control? You're absolutely right. But that doesn't mean it can't also be about attention.

Secondly,omg hi and I have been very good friends for several years. I love her like my little sister and as far as I'm concerned, I am as aware of what her anorexia entails as it is possible to be. Perhaps I know even more so than she does. How dare you say that I can't understand what an eating disorder is like when I see a girl who is stunningly beautiful be unable to eat in front of me because she truly believes I will think she's fat. I try and reassure her that no, that person is not thinner than her, while trying to think of a way to make her realise that it wouldn't matter anyway.

Lastly, if she isn't qualified to help you because she is going through the exact same thing, and I'm not qualified to help you because I don't understand, then how, exactly, do you expect anybody to help?
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    DG wind ya fucking neck and stop being a twat to people who are trying to help.

Go back, re-read this thread then appologise.
    I want to stay out of this but... ^^ AGREED.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Closing this now guys, has run its course and it's one of those situations where we need to chat to people individually.
This discussion has been closed.