Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sinuses sensitive to light?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the morning (mainly in the autumn/winter time) when I wake up for school my sinuses really hurt, I mean I'm sometimes in agony at how much my face is hurting..
I tried googling why they hurt and tried to get some more information but there isn't really anything that seems to link in with me?

It's my Maxillary, Ethmoid and Sphenoid (googled) sinuses that hurt the most, this past week I've woken up and it's just been really painful and I have to turn off the kitchen light because that just aggravates it - I really dont have a clue what the hell is wrong with my sinuses :L

Does anyone else get this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Bleepy

I had a problem with my sinuses about 6/7 years ago, I had recurrent sinusitis and it turned out I had a deviated septum and needed surgery. It was successful and the only porblem I have now is slight sensitivity to the light, e.g. I HAVE to wear sunglasses if i'm driving, even if its cloudy and if there is any sun I wouldn't walk around without them on. The sensitiveness to light thing is likely that they are a bit inflamed possibly due to an allergy? I would recommend seeing your doctor.