Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Great British Bake Off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else watching ?

Anyone else gobsmacked by the gross stupidity of some of the contestants ?

And Paul Hollywood, you're a 2 faced, arrogant fucking twat. Just because you don't like a flavour doesn't make something bad. knob.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes. Current gripe of choice is the way that half the contestants (and Paul Hollywood) think it's "crème pâtisserie", not crème pâtissière.

Also, Pretty Rob stayed in for much longer than he would have if he were Ugly Rob.
    Oh was that the young, slightly bearded rob who did a mjor fuck on every show and got kicked last week ?

He was asked to produce a 2 tier celebration cake, he presented 1 tier of a cake he had dropped on the floor, he should of been kicked then. If you don't produce what you're asked for then he should of gone then. He burnt his pork pies, tart case, quiche. his basket fell to pieces. etc

Oh and that tit who put a gingerbread house under her Croque em bouche. Why ? She shouldn't get any extra merit/points etc for making something she wsn't asked to. Just like my cookery exam. Said on the paper. Don't make things not asked for as you won't get extra marks.

The croque em bouche one was laughable. I've neve made one, never seen how it's mad though have seen one. It's pretty obvious you build up on the OUTSIDE of the cone, not inside. They all looked crap, especially Mrs smarty ass gingerbread house. Her's looked like 3 primary school kids had vomitted chocolate all over it.

I did laugh though. That Yasmin burnt her finger on her toffee, then at the end when they're all sitting in a row, 8 of her fingers were either covered in plasters or hard plastic burn shields on them :D
    Hollie (who put the house under her croque-en-bouche) is a bit of an unnecessary domestic goddess, I was not-so-secretly pleased when she burned her cheesecake.

I'm fairly sure that when Michel Roux did a croque-en-bouche on Masterchef he did it on the inside and turned it out. But that doesn't make sense when it comes to getting the caramel on the outside, so I am now puzzled.

Yasmin burned her caramel twice I think. Shame, I liked her. But Rob was a disaster area from week one (yes, the genoa cake on the floor) who was clearly kept in because Mary Berry fancied him.
    The problem i saw, from making it on the inside, ws that they had to stick it to the mould with toffee, instead of using gravity/other physical force by building it up from outside, which led to an unattractive. flat splat of toffee on the outside.

and every single one of them, stired their toffee. stirred toffee = sugar when it cools. even i know that :)

i do like the little bits of film/trivia they put in. I never knew Battenburg was an English creation.