Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you prefer circumcised or uncircumcised?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm due to have the operation in a few days, and so I'm really quite eager to find out if women have preferences one way or the other (particularly UK-based women).

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hello,

I've edited your post to remove the pics as I think it's fair to say that for a woman to have a preference in the first place it will be best based on actual experience of seeing or being with a guy with either/both to make a decision and some people will find it uncomfortable to be looking at those images.

I'd say that there are other factors that will come into play in terms of body preference rather than whether or not the skin is there... like general hygiene, your self-confidence and general behaviour in relation to sex.

It sounds like you've already made the decision to have the operation anyhow, are you feeling OK about it? :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Answer the poor man, Helen! :D
    aesthetically i prefer uncut, but tbh, i think if i was into a guy, it wouldnt make the blindest bit of difference. I cant imagine it being an issue
    Personally, uncut, though i certainly don't mind cut. Been surprised (pleasantly) on many ocassion by the size of a guys knob when you skin it back. But he has to be hygienic, no matter how dirty we get :)
    I had my front-end off when I was 20 for medical reasons and I'm glad I did. I'm long past the sleeping-around part of my life but when I was there, I never had any complaints. Most of the time they said they preferred the look of it. It's more hygienic and even makes the head a little bit bigger, which is never going to be a bad thing!

Maybe they were just being nice but I've never had a woman say she prefers the look (and feel?) of an uncircumcised cock.
    It's more hygienic.

Let's nip this myth in the bud straight away. It's more hygienic in the same way that amputating your hand is more hygienic.

There's a lot of bullshit about circumcision, because a lot of groups have a vested interest in it (particularly across the pond). The reality is that it doesn't make a shite of difference. Get it done or don't get it done. Women will still want to sleep with you (assuming they did in the first place :d).
    Hey - I'm not arguing with any anecdotal evidence which makes me sound more appealing than I am :D

No foreskin = less places for bacteria to hide, right?
    Hey - I'm not arguing with any anecdotal evidence which makes me sound more appealing than I am :D

No foreskin = less places for bacteria to hide, right?
    On that logic, women's hair is dirtier than men's on average then. But there's this little invention called shampoo.

No foreskin = fewer nerve endings = don't feel as much during sex. But I've spoken to men who've had it done as adults, and they claim this is BS too. Having said that, I don't know if I'd admit that sex is a bit worse after I'd already had it done. ;) They also seem to have no problem turning said claim around into suggestions that they might last longer. Like I said, it's a subject full of bullshit.
    I found the head to be MORE sensitive and the foreskin wasn't there to protect it but after a while it seemed like I desensitised a bit. It's not like I couldn't feel anything and didn't enjoy sex as everything still worked fine. The only thing was because there was a slight loss of sensation, I could last longer. Funnily enough I don't see that as a problem either :thumb: