Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hi im new

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im new to this, dont know what to do. I have a drink problem. I want to stop but dont want to go to meetings. I drink a bottle of wine or more most nights but its gone out of control. I dont know what to do...

Comments

• Options
    Hi and welcome,

Does your GP know?
  • Options
    Thank you for replying. No i havent went to my gp.
  • Options
    Hi Pinkbaby :wave:

Welcome to TheSite.

Firstly, well done on taking the first step and admitting something you feel is a problem for you. This paragraph from The Site is quite powerful when it comes to facing up to a drinking problem.

"Facing up to the fact that you may have a drink problem takes guts. It is perhaps the most courageous step you can take towards regaining control over your life. Help is out there too, from confidential telephone support to face-to-face counselling and more, but it's down to you to ask"

It may be worth while checking out the section dedicated to alcahol and drinking. It includes information on alcahol, its effects, the dangers of and advice on overcoming a drink problem.

http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drinking

Let us know what you think, and stick around. When things get tough (as they always do in life), there is always someone here that is willing to listen.

Phil :thumb: