Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Closure??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well peeps, court case is over, the girl that had 'a bad day' so decided to stamp my face to a pulp for no reason as we hadn't even met got a curfew, suspended sentence and community service, which she is is delighted about. As she plead guilty I didn't have to go to court which is appreciated to be fair. As a result of her 'bad day' I am facially disfigured and wont leave the house in fear of whats out there. Whilst she is bragging of enjoying her community service in the lake district! She got away with it by saying she was homeless at the time, poor thing! ???? all you poor people that are genuinley homeless, move to cumbria, you will get a 3 bedroomed council house, a smartfone and then you can brag on facebook when you are in the process of getting arrested as you have been there before and know the 'system' when I was lying half dead on the pavement. You walked away and bragged about what you did. I am under 5foot tall, I had no chance and I still to this day don't now why! You are 6ft and built like a brick shit house. To leave a stranger half dead bleeding on the pavement then carry on with your life so easily is admirable, as I certainly cant. The courts didn't hear that the reason you were homeless was because you have been evicted 5 times due to anti social behaviour. Please tell me how this works??? and please tell me how I can get over this
:no:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you spoken to victim support?
    Victim Support are a really good place to start, also a charity like Changing Faces might be able to help you if you're feeling very concerned about your appearance.
    The law sucks some times, you have my sympathies. At least it's over with.
    May not be suitable or not, and you may need to double check, but if she has been found guilty and you are deeply disfigured can you not initiate a court case for damages against her?
    Hellfire wrote: »
    May not be suitable or not, and you may need to double check, but if she has been found guilty and you are deeply disfigured can you not initiate a court case for damages against her?

You can, I believe it's supposed to happen at the time of the case however it's best to check.
    Hey there,

This is terribly unfair and I understand. It makes me angry whenever I hear of events like this but unfortunately we hear about things like this often. :(

As Miss Riot and piccolo have suggested, have you spoken to Victim Support? You can call them any time after a crime has happened on 0845 30 30 900.

You may also wish to consider claiming compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. Have a look at the link for more details, but essentially you must apply within 2 years of the incident. You can call their free-phone helpline on 0800 358 3601 and they can send you the forms. You can also apply online.

I hope you find this useful.

:)