Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

:( Does it get easier

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HI, so i had my first counselling session on friday,ive never felt so awkward before. it felt so strange. I dont think it helped that i went after my brothers funeral so my head was bit all over the place.

I just want somebody to tell me everything will be okay, i've never felt so alone before. :'(

C

xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Silly internet connection dropping out. I will try this again.

I'm afraid I can't tell you everything will be ok, and I can't tell you that things will definitely easier. But, you'll get better at dealing with things, you'll learn to handle things better, getting counselling working gets easier with practise, and when you're having a bad patch (and those never go away entirely) you get to a point where you can see the bigger picture, and in that bigger picture you can see that things won't always be perfect but those patches are small and you can deal with them just fine.

xx
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I agree with Scary Monster. My thoughts are with you x
    Thankyou guys xx
    Keep at it. I don't think anybody can say that things get better, but there are so many examples of people who have risen from some pretty dark places. Some days will be shit, others will fill you with awe. Just keep the good moments close to you when you're really down, to remind you how beautiful life can be.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I hope you feel better soon.
    I think the counselling process does become more comfortable; the beginning part is the worst and can feel like it's making you worse, but in the experiences I'm familiar with (and my own) the process at least gets easier.

I won't tell you everything will be ok, or put a timescale on it, because no one can tell you that. In the case of the grief, however, which must be very raw at the moment, time does help.
    Hi ClaireS,

so sorry to hear how you're feeling, you're not alone *hug*

Like others have said counselling will probably never become comfortable, it makes us look at often very difficult and painful feelings but it may become easier as you build a relationship with your counsellor.

dp :heart:
    Hi ClaireS,

I wanted to agree with what others have said. Time is a healer. It may not seem it, nor will it be easy but slowly the gap you feel will begin to close up and you will remember the good times fondly. Yes there will be hard days, anniversaries etc, but each year they will get ever so slightly less painful for you.

Keep giving the counselling a try, it can be worthwhile. *hug*