Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I told my bestfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I told my best friend today that I sometimes think we should be more than friends, and he felt the same. However i've just got out a 3 year RS with a mutual friend of ours, it ended a month a go. I'm over him but im not sure that my ex is over me.
I want to give things a go with my bestfriend as i believe he's generally a better guy and will try more with me.

Im scared however that because he's not over me, he will defriend my bestfriend which is not what i want.

What do i do? :/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Update. so ive spoke to a few of my close mates and they all said just go ahead with him, which is what im going to do.

How do i break it to his ex that we're going to start seeing each other?
    To tell you the truth, it is none of his business and I personally would not say anything to him. I mean he is a big boy that can find out on his own...plus if you were to tell him to his face it could end up worse..just my two cents!
    Hey kittenslols, wlecome to TheSite :wave:

Papertongues makes a good point that telling him face to face could be hard, depending on how he reacts... However, it sounds like you care about his feelings and maybe you'd rather he hear it from you? It depends on the person so it's entirely up to you.

If you do tell him, could you send him a message, maybe an email or give him a quick call and just say something like 'sorry this is awkward but I wanted you to hear from me. I'm sorry if it seems soon and I don't want to upset you but this feels right.'

Be prepared for his reaction too and give him time and remember that you're not doing anything wrong. It's always going to be hard to see your ex with someone new and it's hard to know that you might uspet someone you still care about but you have to be a bit selfish and do what makes you happy :) Good luck with it!
    Another update, asked him out and he said yes, we're going out now, and the ex found out..pretty nasty reply saying things like i've backstabbed them and betrayed them, when he's not even in my life no more. :l

It's not like I didnt consider how my ex felt, i asked my friends what i should do and they all said do what you felt was right, and i did.

Just have to tank out the hate and all should be fine.

I just dont know how to make the ex realise it's for the best and its a good thing really.
    Of course your ex is going to be angry that you've found someone else. He'll be doubly angry that it's a friend, although he'd be angry with any new partner. If he's miserable he'd expect you to be.

However how your ex feels is not really your concern.
    well, according to me you have to discuss everything with your best friend, and clear out every thing. Dont depend on others for any opinion and solve out every thing by your self.:heart: