Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I face him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I told this guy today that I wanted to be more than just fuck buddies with him and he told me that it wasn't what he wanted as he didn't feel he was in the right place for a relationship. I expected him to say that (though am still gutted obviously) but now I really don't know how I'm going to face him. I worry that he's going to be thinking that I'm stupid or laughing at me. Plus I don't know if I should talk to him or just keep out of his way. I don't want him to think I'm in a huff or anything, but I'm really confused as to how to act!

Comments

• Options
    You broke the unspoken rule of 'fuck buddies'. Don't get attached!

I doubt that he is laughing at you but you may have made him feel quite awkward.

If you don't want to lose him as a friend, are you happy to keep on fucking him? If you don't, will you be 'punishing' him for what he thought was a mutually beneficial arrangement? After all, it's not his fault that you moved the goal posts ... ?

Hmmmm .. tricky one really.
  • Options
    I think you sould stop sleeping with him if you are getting attached. Tell him that you just want to be friends.
  • Options
    I'm sure he won't be laughing so long as you play it cool and don't go in a huff. If you're really not happy as it is - simply stop having sex with the guy.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I've don't think I've done anything 'wrong' as such. I know what the fuck buddy rules are but I felt that I had to be honest with him just in case (in a fantasy) he felt the same way. He obviously doesn't so I feel that I have to stop having sex with him because it means too much to me. I'm just going to try and be civil and pleasant and hope for the best :o
  • Options
    Hi Gingerbelle,

It seems like you did the right thing being honest about your feelings. As you said
    I know what the fuck buddy rules are but I felt that I had to be honest with him just in case (in a fantasy) he felt the same way

You "had" to be honest and perhaps this should still be the theme? You were very courageous in telling him how you felt, so why not tell him how you feel now? Perhaps share how awkward you are worried this will be - or, if you know whether you want to stay friends only or keep sleeping together, then share this with him too. It is hard but at least you will know you have been honest with yourself and gone with your instinct!

Let us know how you get on *hug*
  • Options
    feeling = correct,
    common sense = wrong