Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

One issue per appointment...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I find this rule really difficult.

Its really hard to book an appointment in advance at my doctors surgery, and because I have several ongoing health issues, which are often interlinked, I don't know how I can explain everything without going over time...

like today, I need to talk to him about uping my dose of one medication, getting another sick note (which I feel really bad about asking for, but they never mention them, even though they seem happy to give them out), and talking about my mental health. I'm hoping I can sort my asthma stuff and needing to see the physio again about my shoulders and back tomorrow when I see the nurse.

I just feel like I'm forever in the doctors...

Has anyone got any good ideas about how to explain everything without forever booking repeat appointments. My surgery doesn't do double appointments because each appointment is 15 mins, but even that runs out quickly.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could see the nurse about your asthma, if that would relieve the pressure on the appt with the doctor.

Otherwise, there's really no way around it.
    yeah i do see the nurse for the asthma...

I'll just have to go in with a list again and see how much we can get covered :(
    Have you tried going in with a list and starting the appointment with 'I've got several things I'm concerned about - I realise we can't get them all into this one appointment so what's the best approach?'. That way what you may find is that you can do something like bash through all of the relatively routine stuff in one appointment, and have one to deal with the more complex issues, rather than getting half way through something.
    Luckily I got there early and the person before me hadn't turned up so i had half an hour which was great!

So, I now have a prescription for fitness, upped medication, a referral to the physio, a new sick note and we had a brief chat about my mental health...

Maybe I should get someone to book an appointment before me and get them not to turn up in future :P
    When first doc diagnosed me with depression he was awesome and gave me like an hour just talking through everything. Really good.