Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Zinc is Good for mens health ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i wana know if someone taking Zinc tablets for health ? I've heared that Zinc is really necessary for mens for getting good health . Please let me know if someone already is taking and how much is required in a day ?

Comments

• Options
    Oysters, toasted wheat germ, liver, sesame seeds and tahini (Sesame Butter), low fat roast beef, roasted pumpkin and squash seeds, dried watermelon seeds, dark chocolate and cocoa powder, lamb (mutton) and peanuts are good sources of zinc, amongst many others.

If you are eating a normal healthy diet, you will not need extra zinc in your diet, unless recommended to you by your doctor for some deficiency.

Are you perhaps enquiring as to 'men's health' because of the supposed increase in sperm and semen production?
  • Options
    Wow,it is good to know I eat many mentioned food content here like I eat low fat cheese, chocolates,peanuts but just avoid red meat like mutton,beef.
  • Options
    Hello :)

Not sure about men's health specifically, but I did read somewhere about Zinc being a potential cure for the common cold..

*rifles through internet history*

*continues to rifle*

Found it! http://www.thelifedept.co.uk/livelonger/better-treatment/zinc-cure-for-the-common-cold/

Anyway, very exciting news hahaha, but Vitamin E is supposed to be quite good for men's health- something to do with prostate stuff I think :)