Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

We the people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Folks, September 5, 2011

You may have seen this before, like I have; however, I am always thrilled by it, and I don't get many thrills anymore!!!

Have FUN, and hang on for the ride, I think it is going to get even bumpier, unless we all fight to save our country

If you haven't seen this yet, check it out. It is pretty potent stuff and I hope that the majority

of us are behind it. Otherwise, will the last free American please turn out the lights when you leave.

Over 6 million hits in 4 Days - A MUST SEE!!!!

This is so AWESOME can't say it enough!!!!!

This is without a doubt the best video that has come out and apparently 6
Million others think so too because there have been 6 million hits in 4days.

Please watch it again and again and send it on to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=JVAhr4hZDJE&vq=medium#t=19

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yawn.

I will spell it out, because I don't think you're listening. This is a BRITISH site, aimed at BRITISH teenagers and young adults, living in BRITAIN.

One of the golden rules about presentation or preaching, is know your audience. And you aren't succeeding, you're making an assumption that we give a damn about the US constitution.
    WhoWhere is right. I also think it's almost all inaccurate, but perhaps that's a different conversation.
    ronyvo wrote: »
    This is without a doubt the best video that has come out and apparently 6
    Million others think so too because there have been 6 million hits in 4days.

Well you fail to take into account the large numbers masturbating to it on an hourly basis, along with the vast numbers who couldn't give a shit and click on it because someone posts it on a website where it has no relevance. But yeah, I do love the hot air from people who claim to represent the majority, but whose favoured candidate mysteriously wasn't voted in at the last election. Maths must be very confusing for them.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Well you fail to take into account the large numbers masturbating to it on an hourly basis, along with the vast numbers who couldn't give a shit and click on it because someone posts it on a website where it has no relevance. But yeah, I do love the hot air from people who claim to represent the majority, but whose favoured candidate mysteriously wasn't voted in at the last election. Maths must be very confusing for them.

:d

Whowhere is right ronyvo, it is pretty important that you acknowledge who the people in this community are before you start a thread.
    Yawn. What a wonderful conglomeration of substance-less platitudes about American values.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    One of the golden rules about presentation or preaching, is know your audience. And you aren't succeeding, you're making an assumption that we give a damn about the US constitution.

To be fair though, the US and it's politics gets huge coverage over here and we've discussed it many times on these boards. Partly because it's a great source of humour and satire. ;)

That last rule apply ten fold when talking about G.W., Palin, Michelle Bachmann and - obviously - the Tea Party.

Looking at the video itself though, I start to wonder if hypocrisy is a word to be found in a US dictionary. It starts with the suggestion that Obama has undermined the constitution, but fails to mention the Patriot Act and Patriot Act II which achieved that more than any other law and neither are Obama laws.

After 1m 30s there has been plenty of comments about "we want to preserve our freedoms" but no mention of how Obama is actually undermining them. Maybe he hasn't heard you, love, because you haven't actually said anything of substance. You might want to consider that option.

2m 30s and still no mention of how the freedoms are being erroded, nor any mention of policies at all. A few quotes from past Presidents and a theory of what Freedom means...

3m and lots of accusations flying now. "He's erroding our freedoms, he's undermined the economy" etc. No detail though. Is that because there isn't any evidence? Hard to say, no detailed accusation means no rebuttal possible, other than "No, I haven't actually". Of course, the detail might show how it's was under Bush's watch that the economy turned to shit, it was Republican and Tea Party policy of deregulation which lets the banks loan and gamble in the way they did. Ooops.

3m 40s - "what about the children and soldiers" LOL

After that it's just photos of Tea Party type events.

Royvo, I guess I'm number 6,000,001. I didn't watch because I agree. The conclusion I came to out of that is that some people will fall for any old shit if you add the right buzz phrases and soundtrack. Any propagandist will show you that.
    1-I know that this site is in England. So, please, do not waste your breath.
    2- There is an item in the forum for discussion "POLITICS", is this correct or?!!!
    3- As far as my 'yawning' point, we are ALL in the same boat. What happens to America, Europe.... in the name of Islam affects ALL.
    4- For your information, the teenagers and young adults are the most targeted by Islam for conversion to this exttremly evil and dangerous system ISLAM. They are the future of the country. They should, must be aware of what is happening around them. Life is not ONLY fun.
    5- I am not preaching and I know my audience, they are humans sharing the good and the bad of this world.
    Is it me, or did the video not even mention Islam?
    piccolo wrote: »

Oh I hope Royvo isn't one of those fools who thinks Obama is actually Muslim.
    piccolo wrote: »

This is exactly what I thought. I wouldn't even cross reference that video, or this thread, to Islam in America if it wasn't for the user who posted it. What a stupid video.
    1-I know that this site is in England. So, please, do not waste your breath.
    it seems like we have to, because you keep posting crap about the US
    2- There is an item in the forum for discussion "POLITICS", is this correct or?!!! I am questioning why you think it's relevant to post a fairly crappy video about the US constitution
    3- As far as my 'yawning' point, we are ALL in the same boat. What happens to America, Europe.... in the name of Islam affects ALL. what did that video have to do with Islam? And why bring it up
    4- For your information, the teenagers and young adults are the most targeted by Islam for conversion to this exttremly evil and dangerous system ISLAM. They are the future of the country. They should, must be aware of what is happening around them. Life is not ONLY fun. In my job I come into contact with about 30,000 teenagers on a regular basis. A fair number are Muslim. I've yet to meet a bad one, and I've yet to see any evidence of mass conversions, but hey, what do I know, I live and breathe this stuff every day and you base your opinions on the likes of what Alex Jones and George Bush think
    5- I am not preaching and I know my audience, they are humans sharing the good and the bad of this world. You are preaching, and you really don't know your audience at all. We've collectively told you to give it a rest with the "Islam is evil" bullshit, but still, you carry on
    Just saw this, lol.

Too-Long-e1314312809754.jpg
    Memorial honor to 9/11

Memorial To Honor 9/11

2011, TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY.

AttachmentsDownload All Russia_Honor_USA911.pps
    TBH, rather than a naff powerpoint presentation (wchi we can't open here anyway), the best memorial would be to avoid voting a christian fundamentalist into power
    The real truth is that mongs like roynvo don't like Obama because he is black.

Can we please ban this racist halfwit?
    It's not because he's black, its coz he's got a muslimist soundin name innit. Seriously though, he's here to spread twattishness and he's yet to contribute anything useful to the forum, just his own fundaMENTAList agenda.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I hear ya...gonna close this thread for starts. :)
This discussion has been closed.