Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friend with benefits issues??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really dont know whats going on or why i feel like this so i hope someone can help me.

So i have this friend with benefits, we've only met up a couple of times last year when its been convenient for both of us, and its amazing, he's honestly the best i've had, he's the first guy i've met who actually puts more effort into pleasuring me than himself. We never see each other these days (he's obviously waiting for me to move home from uni) but we talk online and on cam.

Every time we talk, we flirt a bit and then it ends up him wanting to 'play' and stuff. I've done it before on cam with him but i'm not all that comfortable with it, i just feel too self conscious about myself to enjoy it. I would like to do it again but i just feel put on the spot to a) be sexy for him and b) get off myself, which i just cant do with someone watching me.

So he's there doing his thing, trying to get me to join in and i just dont say anything. I feel guilty i suppose, i want to be there and help pleasure him, and cos we dont see each other this is the only way (for now), but i feel too self conscious and then guilty for not doing it and worried i'm going to scare him off. I dont want his impression of me to be from that, in real life im not at all shy or self conscious and i dont want him to think i am.

Aaagghh im so confused, i dont want to lose him as a FWB but i dont know what else to do

Comments

• Options
    At the risk of sounding like I'm teaching your gran to suck eggs, firstly make sure that you can trust him when you're camming. The internet is full of young women who thought they could trust their partners when camming or sending mucky photos and couldn't. Just be very careful.

If you don't like camming, and you don't find it arousing, then don't do it. Explain to him that you don't like it, don't find it arousing and don't want to do it. If he likes looking at your naked body, would you be happy sending him a few photos (if you can trust him), or camming with his video feed turned off?

As an alternative, would a text messenger be any good for you? It's often easier to be very erotic in words rather than in pictures, as you can paint a picture in your imagination that you can't do on a webcam. It's easy to imagine being tied up or dominated or whatever with words, but with a webcam it can often just end up with you watching him stroke his penis. I can appreciate that that perhaps isn't the most erotic experience you'll ever have.
  • Options
    I have spoken to him about it and he says he doesnt want to force me to do anything and that there's no need to be self conscious, we've seen each other naked before etc which i get, i know that on the face of it theres need to be like that but i still am

I think i'll try to talk to him about it again - thing is, i want to be ok with it but have to be in the right mood to enjoy it. Also once he starts pressurring me, trying to get me to do, that just puts me off even more.
  • Options
    Have you not heard about current austerity measures, lots of benefits are being cut, child benefit, housing benefit and it now seems like you should cut friends with benefits if he carries on to insist on something you dont like ;)
  • Options
    I've never liked camming, I always refuse to do it when asked. I don't find it sexy or fun at all, it just makes me feel ridiculous. I always just said to them I don't like doing stuff on cam sorry, sometimes they were ok but alot of the time would be dissapointed and get in a huff. If it's fine the way it is then keep it that way, don't feel pressured to keep him happy. If he's a decent guy he'll understand
  • Options
    Why not get him to call you while you're on cam...that used to make me feel less self conscious. That way you get phone sex and he gets to see you enjoy yourself ;)
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    there's no need to be self conscious, we've seen each other naked before etc which i get, i know that on the face of it theres need to be like that but i still am

The good thing about being naked in the same room as each other is that you know exactly who else is there seeing you. I get a bit worried when I do camera stuff that there might be someone else just out of view. Er, not to make you more paranoid, but that might be subconsciously why you're more self-conscious.
  • Options
    I like looking at pictures and videos of naked girls but when it comes to long-distance sex I prefer the written word. I just think it is more erotic, you can use your imagination and your fantasies and it's just so much hotter. Watching someone stroking their cock just isn't the same, I think it's lazy tbh. The biggest sexual organ is the brain (much as that's a cliche) and watching him stroking his cock just won't stimulate the brain.

There is also the control thing- on the internet, you have no control with what he does with the video- and there's also the fact that you are effectively making gurning come-faces into a box of plastic.
  • Options
    See this is where the trust comes in, you also have a video of him in a worst case scenario. It's very easy to trust the wrong people but if he isn't a teenage wanker, a total wanker and you doesn't piss off a bitter man you should be fine.

Hmm, if you're sending pics just don't put your face in it. If you want to be sure that nobody is there, 5am is a pretty good time to do it. As someone once said to me "if my friends were here watching they'd be very bored and have fallen asleep by now" Another trick, have him sit in a corner while you're both on cam ALWAYS keep a copy of the pics he sends you, and let him know you keep them. That way he knows if screws you around, you have something on him and you don't even need to say you'll use them...he'll be too worried you will.
  • Options
    At the same time, though, plenty of people want to see videos of young naked women and fewer want to see naked men. Naked men, by and large, are not attractive beings. You just need to go on ChatRoulette to see that.
  • Options
    It is a horrible feeling for a girl, i know that and i have been the girl with pics posted all over the net...so i know how shitty it feels and how hard it is to trust people afterwards. But if it is with someone she knows in real life and has slept with then she should have a certain amount of trust in him.

To the OP, if this is something YOU want to do but find camming on its own a bit of a turn off...then get him to talk to you through it, if that isnt an option text is also good but its a pain constantly stopping to type stuff. And like i said if you want to feel a bit more at ease, get him to sit in a corner so you know nobody else is watching .
  • Options
    Thanks guys, i have obviously met and slept with him real life so i do trust him as far as him having pictures etc goes, im not worried about that.

I think next time i'll get him to slow down a bit and kind of walk through it so it doesnt feel like im being pressured so much, cos that just makes me feel even more self conscious
  • Options
    Just a quick bit of advice from me. I know it might seem a bit obvious but you might remind him of how the process of arousal for men and women often differs. You perhaps require a bit more patience and subtlety as opposed to quick impact visual stimulation. If he understands that you are simply asking for his understanding rather than being opposed to camming with him then he might help you out a bit more in terms of creating the right mood/atmosphere.

I agree with the previous point about perhaps talking on the phone while camming, it can provide a distraction and a more human interface to make the process seem a bit less mechanical/clinical.

Just a couple of thoughts...
  • Options
    Closing this now as this thread is from back in April - remeber to check the date before you post! :)
This discussion has been closed.