Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

JobCentres

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Is it possible to go to a different jobcentre over than your local ones to sign on, I understand that I would then need to look for work within that area ?

Regards

Comments

• Options
    You have to sign on at your local jobcentre but if you move area you can move jobcentre. Ask your adviser if you're moving short-term to look for work in another area.
  • Options
    Go to the job centre in the new area and transfer your claim to there. Don't ask at your old JC+ they can't transfer it, its all done at the new one. You just tell them (think its called a live transfer), they'll book you in for a appointment in a few days, and you go see a advisor who will transfer it. Take ID with you and other details etc, I had to take my passport. It'll then take a few days (or weeks, depends how slow your old JC+ is sending your claim info to the nearest processing centre) and then you'll be given a new signing on time.