Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Laws on alcohol on the village green - help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am planning to get married next September. Between the church and the reception venue is a lovely village green where we would like to have our photos. The reception venue is actually my mum's pub and I am hoping her staff can serve pimms/champagne to my guests on the village green while we have our photos done.

There would be no exchange of money and my mum holds a licence to serve alcohol to the public. I am basically planning on a tressle table, champagne, pimms and maximum of 60 guests - the alcohol would only be served for around 45 minutes and we would then go into the pub to eat.

Are there any laws restricting this or should I ask permission from the parish council first?

Thanks
Kelly

Comments

• Options
    There are laws surrounding the consumption of alcohol in public places, most of which are specific to local areas.

In short: we don't know and a website for 16-25 year olds is an unlikely place to ask.
  • Options
    Any regulations would be location specific, so you'd need to contact the local council to check.
  • Options
    Hi Kelly, welcome to TheSite :wave:

Good plan to get this checked out beforehand, you wouldn't want anything ruining your big day! I'd suggest submitting this question to our askTheSite service - we work in partnership with advisors from CAB (Citizens Advice) who should be able to help if you submit it as a legal question.

http://www.thesite.org/community/askthesite

:)
  • Options
    Thanks for your help all, and apologies, I was lead to the site when researching alcohol laws on google and did not know it was aimed at 16-25 year olds.

Thanks once again - i will do some further research!

Kelly x
  • Options
    It sounds a lovely idea though - i would contact the parish council, as most of the drinking laws are locally specific.

I found this out recently as where i live the pubs around the heath always have people sitting outside them drinking on the glass and provide plastic cups for this purpose, went to another town a few miles away for a low key picnic and rounders match and got told off by the police for drinking in public.....