Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite Remakes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to be 100% against remakes, I have since changed my position in that some songs need to be updated, they need a second (or third) chance.

I had also discovered a band called "Me First and the Gimme Gimmes" a band made up of members from NoFX, Lagwagon and The FooFighters, they cover a lot of music from the '60's and '70's(totally unappealing) but add a punkish, rockin' beat - a new life to lifeless music.

Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, Billy Joel (not Billie Joe from Green Day), Elton John and even the Beach Boys have been covered, and their songs which may/maynot have been good then are infinitely better covered by these guys.

Post your favourite remakes in this thread, name the artist covering and if possible the original artist.

A few off the top of my head include

Cradle of Filth covering Hallowed be thy Name (Iron Maiden)

Van Halen covering Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison)

Out of Your Mouth Covering Music (Madonna)

Marilyn Manson covering Sweet Dreams(Eurythmics)

Sir Ivan covering Live for Today (Grass Roots)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2OZiDevsKE

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Once again you did an awesome job Sir Ivan! I love the video and how you incorporated every thing into it especially your dog at the end! Keep up the great work!