Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Have your say about the riots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :wave:

The British Youth Council, UK Youth Parliament and Young Mayors Network want young people to have their say on the riots through their survey.

They will be taking young people's views and proposals to the Minister Tim Loughton MP, the Prime Minister and the UK Government.

If you'd like to get involved then why not tell them what you think by completing their short survey by Thursday 25th August 2011.
Take part here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BYCyoungviewsriots

You can also tweet or post on your Facebook to get more young people involved:

Tell the Prime Minister what young people think about the #riots through @bycLIVE @UKYP @YMNetwork survey by 25 August http://tinyurl.com/riotssurvey

BYC also want you to send them copies of any letters to MPs, Councillors, or newspapers that you have written, or details of action (like volunteering or riot clean ups) that you have done in response to events. You can email this to campaigns@byc.org.uk

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know if this is because I'm on my phone, but when I click on the link for the survey, it says 'thank you for taking the survey' and about creating your own survey.

Edit- the other survey link works.
    Me too baa
    Cheers guys, good spot! Have fixed the link :thumb:
    Namaste wrote: »
    I'm too old to take this quiz and too wise to believe the prime minister gives a damn...

But I hope it brings publicity to young voices and helps challenge negative stereotypes of young people in some way.

If nobody has faith that politicians ever truly give a damn; then why should they themselves give a damn then?
    Because they believe in themselves at least, perhaps other people, but not politicians.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    If nobody has faith that politicians ever truly give a damn; then why should they themselves give a damn then?
    I don't understand your question, whether you mean "they" as in politicians or "they" as in individuals.

I think the issues surrounding the riots have many layers. I think it is partly to do with economics and distribution of wealth, but also with cultural attitudes towards young people.

I've deleted a lot of what I originally wrote... Maybe this is a topic for a future thread :)
    I shouldn't really be posting negative things on here, undermining a campaign or saying I don't think it will be effective. I think that it's good that young people are getting involved and hope most of all, that this reaches through to young working class people.

I'll delete my posts. Sorry.