Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

genital warts treatment. help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help, guys. I am at loss for a reasonable solution to my problem.
I have genital warts and I'm too embarrassed to buy treatment at the local pharmacy. My roommate suggested that I order Oxyfend online because that was what worked for somebody she knew back home.

Will topical treatment creams help it fall off? :( I don't know what to do...

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey bethanyjoy6 and welcome to thesite :wave:

Have you checked out our article on TheSite about genital warts? As you'll see on there it is best to go and see your doctor or go to a GUM clinic rather than trying any products bought online or over the counter. To find your nearest clinic search here, we also have some more info on visiting a GUM clinic which might be useful for you.

Let us know how you get on,
    LauraO
  • Options
    Try the Home Remedies...

Have you tried to used the home remedies like Tea Tree Oil and Oregano Oil, For some people it works. However, that kind of disease should be consulted with doctor to examine and to prescribed you with proper treatment. With regards on your question, I've already heard before that Oxyfend can really treat/remove warts even without a prescription. But, kindly go to the doctor first. :thumb:
  • Options
    It is always best to seek doctor's advice regarding matters like genital warts. However, I understand that speaking to the doctor about it can be embarrassing. my roommate also had warts, and she was also ashamed to get a remedy from the pharmacy, so she purchased online. According to her, topical treatments make the warts fall off. That's what happened when she used Wartscide (it's topical, but liquid not cream). The warts changed color first before falling off. It worked for her and she's been warts-free since then.