Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm sure people can feel my misery and thats getting me down even more...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The past week has been really difficult since my break - up. I feel so akward when people I especially don't know particularly well ask me if I'm okay. And sometimes I can tell they can probably see the sorrow in my face. I always say I'm okay, but it just makes me feel ten times worse when they ask and then I get paranoid about it as I don't want them to know or be concerned. This guy on the bus today got on and randomly sat next to me. At that moment I was feeling really dark and raw in particular and he just started chatting to me and joking with me. It was as if he noticed my sorrow and he made me smile. But I didn't say much back as I felt too crap.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What so wrong about people knowing? Its perfectly OK to feel a bit crap after a break up!
    If your not okay then tell them your not, and whether or not you don't want to tell them why. They would atleast try and speak to you and make sure you will be okay! It will be hard but you will get through it!:)
    Fairy wrote: »
    This guy on the bus today got on and randomly sat next to me. At that moment I was feeling really dark and raw in particular and he just started chatting to me and joking with me. It was as if he noticed my sorrow and he made me smile. But I didn't say much back as I felt too crap.

I have had that happen to me before, and even done it myself. Sometimes its just nice to listen, and sometimes its just nice to have someone listen. Nothing wrong with spreading a little joy to clear the dark cloud away from that silver lining. You said the guy made you smile? Well he most likely has a smile on him too, he cheered someone up.
    I think its ok that you sometimes don't feel like talking or talking about yourself and whats going on in your life when you feel down. You could always tell your friends that you are not up for talking about yourself and that you would rather just talk about other things.