Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A-level Psychology and can only get a C in Maths and Science

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello,

i am new on this site and I would just like to ask if anyone else has done or is planning to do A-level Psychology next year?

I do foundation Maths and Science therefore can only get a C grade or below and i was just wondering if anyone has done Psychology at A-level and only had a C in these subjects. If so also, was it hard? And how easy was it for you to apply for the course?

At my school we have entry requirements of Bs in Maths and Science for the course so I am really worried that they will turn me away even though i want to study Psychology and hopefully one day work as a counsellor.

Thank you.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't done A-level psychology but my friend did and she was allowed to take it even though she hadn't passed maths yet. They made her retake maths and said it was fine if she got a C. I'm sure they would let you take it.
    If you get Cs, I think it will be fine. Do you have a guidance person at school you could ask, or even an admin for the course you'd like to go on to? If you're moving from a school to a college, I would be tempted to phone or email to see what their advice is.
    I might be taking it next year and I've already gotten a B in maths and *hopefully* getting 3 Cs in science - the guidlines for the course at my school say they want B grades for C but I spoke to the teacher and he said it's fine.

I think you'll be fine and if your staying at the same school they ought to let you do the course even if you do get a C if they know you work hard and will put the effort in - why shouldn't you be able to if thats the case?
    Thats how it works at my school anyway :)