Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chat- Expansions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hey Guys (people who are reading this)

I have been talking in chat alot recently and a couple of times The expansion of chat has come up, like chat being everyday and maybe start 7 instead of 8. Heres my opinion.

It would be great if chat could be Open everyday and i would strongly love it to be it would help so much.Chat is a great way to distract yourself and to find out good answers to questions and to receive support off mods and other users but also to give support.

I personnaly have a lot of things going on everyday as being a carer and chat is my way to escape and to rant about good and bad things and my way to distract myself.

Chat offers a great way to get some support and to have a laugh and it would be totally amazing and helpful if it could be open everyday , it would help me and help alot of other people alot too.

Chat is fricking amazing and helpful and i can come in crying and i will leave crying with laughter! It should be open everyday and i would love it to be and so would more users!

Love Hannah xx

(If you agree please post a messga eon the thread, maybe the more messages the more persuasive because its GREAT AND HELPFUL <----Talking bout chat)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree, it's a great distraction!
    I agree too, I get very lonely without chat (tugs at heart strings :p)
    Chat makes it ALL better :)
    Thanks for the support here :)
    You'd need someone to mod it all the time.
    ther's quite a few moderators though
    There are a few moderators, but three hours is a significantly larger commitment than two.

I think the chat provision is pretty good as it is - there will never really be 'enough' for everyone to feel fully supported in the way I think you're asking.

Chat is fab, you know I very often do pop in, but like everything I think it's important to have boundaries so that we don't depend overly on any one thing in lieu of other sources of support.

I am not intending to be critical, just suggesting an alternative viewpoint.
    Don't forget the boards are here for us 24/7 :)
    piccolo wrote: »
    There are a few moderators, but three hours is a significantly larger commitment than two.

I think the chat provision is pretty good as it is - there will never really be 'enough' for everyone to feel fully supported in the way I think you're asking.

Chat is fab, you know I very often do pop in, but like everything I think it's important to have boundaries so that we don't depend overly on any one thing in lieu of other sources of support.

I am not intending to be critical, just suggesting an alternative viewpoint.

:yes: