Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ephedrine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I'm currently taking this http://www.t5fatburners.co.uk/products/ECA-30%252b-Diamond-Labs.html to aid weight-loss which contains ephedrine but also am beng prescribed solpadol which contains codeine.

Anyone know if they are safe to use together providing it's within the recommended doses? I just want to make sure that using both (and different times of the day) isn't going to cause any major harm.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I certainly wouldn't mix it with Ritalin.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doens't the Solpadol help kill your appetite anyway?
    Skive wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't mix it with Ritalin.

Thanks. Back to Ephedrine and codeine now.
    katralla wrote:
    Doens't the Solpadol help kill your appetite anyway?

No, it's never had that effect on me.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Thanks. Back to Ephedrine and codeine now.

Well I would say mxing it with Ritalin would be potentially dangerous as both are stimulants and Ephedrine is noted for some pretty nasty side effects. Used to be able to take loads of Sudafed to get an Ephedrine buzz - nasty.

Don't think there are any dangerous interactions between Paracetamol and Ephedrine, or Codiene Phosphate and Ephedrine that you should worry about. Obviously with one being opiate based (codiene) and the other being a stimulant the effectiveness of both may lessened - like taking caffiene and sleeping pills.
    Weekender Offender 

No, it's never had that effect on me.

unlucky...