Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Centrepoint Sleep Out 2011

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

On the 10 November 2011, Centrepoint is hosting a 'Sleep out' in London to raise money for homeless people in the country. It's basically sleeping rough for one night but in a controlled safe environment. I reaaally want to take part in this and I wonder if anyone else would be interested in forming a group and taking part too.

Here's the link if you want to take a look.

http://www.centrepoint.org.uk/what-you-can-do/fundraise/sleep-out-11

Have a think, and let me know. It WILL change people's lives. :)

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Would also be interested but because it's a thursday night it might cause problems with uni the next day. But if I remember to check back into this thread I'll try!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok cool, if you find out you can, either write on here or you can PM me if you like :)
    if i can get time off for work for it ill attend
    yaay sounds good :) I've just emailed them because there is a certain amount of places and don't know when you have to apply for. But obviously needs to be fairly soon so can start getting sponsors.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    earliest i'll know is start of september... too late?
    Erm not sure, I've emailed them to ask so will let you know when they reply.
    I'll join you, that sounds good. I'll try to remember to set it up in the next day or so :)
    yayy thats great :D, anyone else? :chin:
    If I can, then I'm up for it!
    Oooh goody, the more people the better, let me know soon as :)

I did email them, but I don't know if it's my email playing up or theirs but it's not sending, it keeps saying it failed to send :chin: hmmmmmmm
    Id of been interested if i lived near there... Sorry.. Good luck to all who take part though :) It sounds like its for a great cause...
    C xx