Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bruises

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
I currently have 26 bruises on my legs, none of them bigger than a 5 pence piece and every single one of them are the yellow/green colour bruises tend to go when they're fading and that's the colour they've been since they appeared. I really haven't been banging my legs as much as is needed to get all these bruises and it looks like I've been walking into corners of tables etc because of the way they're in such odd positions and because of the sizes. I've had this a few times before and they will just go and then a couple of months late it'll happen again. It's more the fact I don't want them there rather than them being painful or me being worried about it.

Any ideas as to what it might be? or even what I can do about them?

Cheers x

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like it's worth a trip to the GP. Unexplained bruising could be caused by a whole range of things, most of which are harmless, but you should check it out.
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    piccolo wrote: »
    Sounds like it's worth a trip to the GP. Unexplained bruising could be caused by a whole range of things, most of which are harmless, but you should check it out.

:yes: some people simply bruise more easily than others, but if you are not sure why the bruises are there then it's definitely worth chatting to a doctor, especially as you are noticing them regularly.

Bruises can be a symptom of something, but as Piccolo said it is just as likely to be nothing, but in this case at least a trip to the docs will put your mind at rest. They might be able to recommend something which will help :)

LauraO
  • Options
    thanks for the replies,
    i'm going to see the doctor in a couple of weeks for a blood pressure check up so ill mention it then if there's time
    cheers guys
    x
  • Options
    In the meantime, give something like arnica cream a go. It might just be one of those things. I occasionally get bruises, but then again, I'm always walking into things! But like piccolo and LauraO said, getting the doctors to check you over is a good idea.
  • Options
    is your boyfriend hitting you?
  • Options
    no, hes never done that