Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Saying 'love'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just thought i'd bring up a casual topic to discuss...
When do you think, personally it's the right point in a relationship to say 'i love you'? And why?

I actually haven't a clue, when i think back to previous relationships, i don't remember when or anything, just more of something that happened naturally.

Your thoughts ;3

Comments

• Options
    not been on here in a few months but I saw this today and wanted to say this:
    There is no right or wrong time to say I love you in a relationship, theres so many variables that you could look at but in reality it all comes down to one thing, is it the right time for you. If there is that feeling there and you feel ready to say it, go for it, don't hesitate, if its right for you then do it.
  • Options
    When she starts to bitch about you never saying "I love you."
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    When she starts to bitch about you never saying "I love you."

+1 :thumb:

When saying "I really like you" doesn't start the wellspring of BJs flowing again.
  • Options
    EDIT: Hold a sec
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    There is no right or wrong time to say I love you in a relationship, theres so many variables that you could look at but in reality it all comes down to one thing, is it the right time for you. If there is that feeling there and you feel ready to say it, go for it, don't hesitate, if its right for you then do it.

:yes:

Every relationship is different, it's impossible to put down any hard and fast rules on this kind of thing but instead to think about how you really feel and when it feels right just say it and be prepared for the response, you might catch them off guard, you might not get an 'i love you' back right away but that's ok.

Have you seen our article on 'saying I love you' - might be worth a look :)

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/couples/lifeasacouple/iloveyou
  • Options
    Thanks, i was more curious, because of what i see on facebook. When people have been together like a couple of days, and they're all like on each others walls "OMG I LUVS U BBZ".... and then like a week later they split up xD.
  • Options
    When you feel it. Though sometimes it's best to hold off a bit, especially if it's pretty soon, because lust can be a very convincing substitute.
  • Options
    When you feel it. Though sometimes it's best to hold off a bit, especially if it's pretty soon, because lust can be a very convincing substitute.

^ This, i think you can definitely confuse infatuation with love because they have similar aspects.
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    Thanks, i was more curious, because of what i see on facebook. When people have been together like a couple of days, and they're all like on each others walls "OMG I LUVS U BBZ".... and then like a week later they split up xD.

Relationships you see on FB are always usually nothing like they are in real life. I still laugh at this. "Facebook is where you lie to your friends. Twitter is where you're honest with strangers."