Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Harry Potter the final curtain - **spoilers**

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok so I :heart: this film...

So then, who agrees with me about the end... they should have stopped filming when they were on the bridge, no?

The middle-aged Potter, Hermione and Weasley made me feel a bit ill.

:lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definitely. Bonnie Wright looked like an eleven-year-old dressing up in her mother's clothes for the school play.
  • Options
    The epilogue makes sense in the book but even not having seen the film I can't imagine how it would work.

Did they not just use older lookalike actors?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    piccolo wrote: »

Did they not just use older lookalike actors?

If only. Arctic hits the nail on the head. :lol:
  • Options
    I hated the newest film :( I was mega excited and then really let down. the epilogue is almost creepy. they all married each other, got really unattractive and had kids around the same time. yack!
  • Options
    I heart harry potter soooo much, ill be joining this conversation after i see it tomoro!!! :D
  • Options
    it was very creepy, bit mean but hermione looked pissed off that she got lumbered with the unattractive daughter. heh heh
  • Options
    I'm going to see this tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I liked it, really. More than I did other films.
    Definitely. Bonnie Wright looked like an eleven-year-old dressing up in her mother's clothes for the school play.
    ...Seriously? Did we really watch the same film? With the same actors?
    Right after getting out of the cinema, my friend and I discussed that and we agreed that the "aging up" worked pretty well for Ron and Ginny and kinda well for Harry, but not at all for Hermione.
    We even agreed that "Ginny" (Bonnie Wright) and "Ron" (Rupert Grint) look considerably order than they really are without being supposed to look older, and neither of them is close to 11.
  • Options
    too many climaxes before the end...and thus it ended a bit flat IMO...but otherwise, it was a reasonable experience.
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    they should have stopped filming when they were on the bridge, no?

:yes: Agreed. Got mega cheesy towards the end, the ending got many laughs in the cinema I saw it in!
    Apart from that, it was awesome.
  • Options
    Anyone who has read the books will know that they missed the entire point of the series by not including the conversation between Voldemort and Potter during their duel. The whole monolgue from Potter about love being stronger than hate.

The fact that he had given his life to save the kids/teacher etc in Hogwarts and therefore protecting them from Voldemort, just as his mother did for him, brought the whole story full circle. They missed out on that bit - and that was a glaring miss IMHO.

As for the Epilogue - it came across just as it did in the book. Badly and superfluous. I read somewhere that it was the first thing JK Rowling wrote in the series and TBH it read and looked just like that.
  • Options
    hmmm7 wrote: »
    :yes: Agreed. Got mega cheesy towards the end, the ending got many laughs in the cinema I saw it in!
    Apart from that, it was awesome.

:yes: should have left out the epilogue. I didn't like that part of the book and was hoping it wouldn't be shown in the film.

Loved the second part, want to see it again.
  • Options
    I thought the last two films were very dissapointing. If you think of the way they made the first 4 very magical, you could really feel it. Where as the last 3 weren't so much, they felt like they were missing something. And The ending of the final film, try not to spoil anything... But it was just anti-climax, the duel should of been a lot more intense, and it just gave such a crap feeling of disappointment. I'm so glad i didn't pay to watch it.
  • Options
    Anyone who has read the books will know that they missed the entire point of the series by not including the conversation between Voldemort and Potter during their duel. The whole monolgue from Potter about love being stronger than hate.

The fact that he had given his life to save the kids/teacher etc in Hogwarts and therefore protecting them from Voldemort, just as his mother did for him, brought the whole story full circle. They missed out on that bit - and that was a glaring miss IMHO.

yes yes! i couldnt agree with this more.

i was really disappointed in the battle scene too, when voldemort and all his followers come to the castle. they barely even mentioned the characters who had died, which was a pretty big thing in the book.
  • Options
    i was really disappointed in the battle scene too, when voldemort and all his followers come to the castle. they barely even mentioned the characters who had died, which was a pretty big thing in the book.

Again, those deaths were supporting the "love" aspect of the underlying theme of the books.
  • Options
    I really really loved it, cried alot at several points but i agree, they did miss out alot of important bits of the book. The chat between harry and dumbledore should have been longer and the final of the battle scene where voldemort dies was a bit crap. I would have liked it better if it was like it had been in the book; in the great hall, with every around, the speech etc etc.

As for the grown up scene, i hated it in the book and thought it should have been left out but didnt mind it in the film. The only person i thought the aging didnt work on was Ginny but ive never liked her anyway. I did like the magicalness the tried to put into the end, with the train leaving etc, i felt like it brought it all back to the beginning again.

Overall, i loved it, still gonna be a massive harry potter fan! Oh and i loved Alan Rickman's performance as Snape, thought he was fantastic at the emotional stuff :)
  • Options
    The whole ending was just a total let down.
    All of that build up to the fight was great, but then the way he died was crap.
    The bit on the bridge was okay but the 19 years later bit was Rubbish. Shouldn't off added it. Would of been okay if they made them look that much older.
    I didn't really like this last film as much as some others.