Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chat connection Failed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I can't connect to chat for some reason...
Tried Firefox/Chrom/IE

I've no firewall
I've no anti-virus
Java is up to date...
Everything else works? ;s

just comes up saying connection failed.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Is working fine for me, all I can think of is the usual clearing cookies/cachie etc.

Perhaps try (if on windows machine) of flushing the dns with "ipconfig /flushdns" on the command line.

On another line, having no anti virus or firewall isnt the best of ideas. It is possible that an infection of some sorts is causing issues?
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Is working fine for me, all I can think of is the usual clearing cookies/cachie etc.

Perhaps try (if on windows machine) of flushing the dns with "ipconfig /flushdns" on the command line.

On another line, having no anti virus or firewall isnt the best of ideas. It is possible that an infection of some sorts is causing issues?

An infection/virus on a custom Distro of linux, i feel not :P

I managed to get it to work, but i don't know how, although i've always had issues with TheSites chat.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    You said Java is up to date, how about flash? Do you use the official one or something like gnash?