Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mental health and jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay so ive gone through an agency and found a family which would love me to be their childrens nanny! sooo happy i got the job as its like perfect for me and something ive always wanted to do. signing the contracts when they get back from holiday in the next few days =]]
the family recieve child care vouchers so obviously they want to use them to pay me, but the only way they can do that is by me registering with ofsted. so i said you know what, why not. ive nearly completed all the different aspects they have sent me through the post...when a health decleration form is sent.
one of the many questions is have you self harmed, had councilling or have been admitted to hopsital within the last 5years. the answer to this is yes. around 3 years ago. but im a completly different person now and i can say what I did was stupid and I would never do it again. i wouldnt even contimplate it. im just soo worried that this is going to get in the way of things. ive always wanted to work with children and i would hate this to stop me in any way. not only that but i would let the family down. does anyone have any experience of this in any way? its not like there is a issue any more, nor does it concern children so why should it matter. half of the form has to be filled out by my doctor so I will see what she says cause im not 100% what is down on my medical records. Im just so scared=[

Comments

• Options
    You'll need to wait and see what the doctor says. If they think you're completely better, I imagine the family will be ok with it.

Sorry to not be more positive but at this stage it's a waiting game.
  • Options
    That sounds really interesting, and exciting for you as you said it's something you've always wanted to do :)

I think you will just have to wait and see what the doctor says.

Don't worry i'm sure that the family would understand :)

3 years is quite a while ago so like you said about being a completely different person, i doubt that it will be that large of an issue :)

I wish you luck
  • Options
    Unrelated but, pretty AV MollyStarz!
  • Options
    What do you mean unrelated?
  • Options
    Just that me admiring your pretty picture has nothing to do with the question the original poster asked.
  • Options
    Oh right haha :P

I thought you meant that my reply message had nothing to do with your original post and i got confused :S hehe