Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am i a slut?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tbf a lot of people would use the term slut or slag for a very promiscuous man too, and its not always seen as a good thing, although its definitely not judged as harshly as if a woman does it.
    I have heard this explained as "a key that can open any door is a master key, but a lock that can be opened by any key, is a rubbish lock"

dont necessarily agree with it completely, but i do think actions and behaviours DO have a consequence to how people see you and treat you, rightly or wrongly, and if you want to be promiscuous, thats fine, but id keep it discrete for your own self respect, because it doesnt tend to impress people, and it doesnt actually mean youre sexy and desired by men.
  • Options
    I don't know why people asking themselves those questions, "Am I a slut?". Like it was said before, slut is a term to denounce (mostly) women who engage in lots of sexual activity. Nobody would call you a slut when they hold you in high regards, but try to describe your life style, it is a term to make someone feel bad.

The only time someone would ask oneself this question of being a slut is, when this person feels lose or dirty about themselves. IF someone calls you a slut it is because they want to put you down and if you stand to your life style than you cannot be insulted by it. Likewise, if you are a clever, quick witted person and someone calls you stupid or slow you cannot be insulted by it, because there is no truth behind it.

Moreover, didn't women take it out to the streets to liberate the term "slut" from it's negative connotation? I don't know why you would worry about such a thing. If you, on the other hand, are worried about your lifestyle/sex choices yourself, than this is a completely different matter.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    It sounds like you take care of your sexual health - as well as using protection you should have regular checkups at a GUM clinic - and behave well to your boyfriend. That's responsible and caring, and that's all that matters.

Right support...
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    The true definition of slut from wiki:

*falls about laughing*
    Shikari wrote: »
    I know 80% of people now are going to have ago at me

Even funnier.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    *falls about laughing*

Even funnier.

It's truee! Although tell me how you found it funny :3
  • Options
    It tickled me that you used wiki as a reference and then backed up your argument with an invented statistic. Not that it matters, it's just something that amuses me.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    It tickled me that you used wiki as a reference and then backed up your argument with an invented statistic. Not that it matters, it's just something that amuses me.
    Amused me too :) Wasn't really an argument, i was just going by the book...