Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Role-play

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello lovelies,

I want to get more into Role Play with Randomboy. So far the vast majority of it has been pretending to be his parents when we are having sex, I say 'oh Les Les' (his Dad's name) as I pretend to be his mum. He doesn't like this. Also last time we pretended to be ponies which was fun. I got some Organic Free Range quails eggs yesterday so thought it would be nice to do 'posh people'. He is okay with this but I thought we could be Charles and Camilla but he said that would be off putting.

What other role-plays can we do? I take anti-pyschotics and they dull the imagination so I don't feel as creative these days, so suggestions welcome.

What role-plays have you done?

Comments

• Options
    Pretending to be his parents is a bit of an odd role-play I have to admit, although if you both enjoy it then whatever floats your boat really. I'm not massively surprised that he doesn't take to it too much though; I certainly spend most of my time trying to avoid thinking about the fact that my parents once, maybe, might have, well, you know...

I'm possibly not the best person to ask as I find most role-play leaves me cringing and giggling like a schoolgirl rather than excited. I'd say you'd be better off acting out a fictional character you've invented rather than specific people. From what you've said before you seem to prefer being a sub to being a dom, think of scenarios that get you really excited and think of characters that apply to them. If you want to be tied up and blindfolded and whipped, maybe have him as an evil abusive King and you as a helpless slave in his harem? The Charles and Camilla thing would make anyone who's ever watched Gavin and Stacey cringe!
  • Options
    One of my friends role plays her sexual abuse of when her father abused her. But I think you need a certain type of partner to be able to do that. And I don't want to remind myself of my abuse.

I do like being whipped so I guess I am more sub than dom.

What about equal power role plays?
  • Options
    What your friend does wasn't quite what I had in mind. If it works for her and her partner then fair enough, but I'd agree you have to have a very understanding partner to do that.

I'm more excited by the power dynamic (as I'm sure you wanted to know) so most of my ideas would involve a dominant (but not abusive) man and a submissive woman. That doesn't mean your role-plays have to.

What are you wanting from role-play? Are you wanting to act out scenarios that you wouldn't do in day-to-day life, or are you wanting to be someone that you wouldn't be in day-to-day life? If it's the latter how about the more hackneyed stuff like pretending to be having an illicit affair or pretending to be a fairytale king and queen, that sort of thing?
  • Options
    What your friend does wasn't quite what I had in mind. If it works for her and her partner then fair enough, but I'd agree you have to have a very understanding partner to do that.

I'm more excited by the power dynamic (as I'm sure you wanted to know) so most of my ideas would involve a dominant (but not abusive) man and a submissive woman. That doesn't mean your role-plays have to.

What are you wanting from role-play? Are you wanting to act out scenarios that you wouldn't do in day-to-day life, or are you wanting to be someone that you wouldn't be in day-to-day life? If it's the latter how about the more hackneyed stuff like pretending to be having an illicit affair or pretending to be a fairytale king and queen, that sort of thing?

Or going to a bar and pretending you've never met before? I wanna try that one day.
  • Options
    Oh yes, going to a bar and pretending we've never met sounds good actually. We are staying the night at a hotel tomorrow so might be a good opportunity for it.

Not sure what I want from it to be honest, maybe just something a bit different, some excitment and fun. Being a pony was fun. I heard you can get butt plugs that have horse hair tails for pony-play but when I used a butt plug it felt like I needed a poo, nothing very sexual happened for me.
  • Options
    I'm glad u asked this as I like the idea of role play to but not sure where to start lol, I like to dress up but never actually done a role play.

Think I would giggle too much at the pretending to be strangers thing, but might be worth a shot - let us know how u get on xx
  • Options
    I've never been much in to role playing, although i have tried a few dom/sum type roles but i think i enjoy trying different physical sensations without talking rather than acting something out but this may be because i can't put myself into 'someone else's head' so to speak
  • Options
    Me and my girl role play an abusive relationship sometimes, its pretty edgy and can get quite rotten but the most important thing by far is a safety word!

However crazy it sounds she just likes to be treated like shit (we are a nice normal loving couple the rest of the time) and we do slightly insane things with control like one time she made me a sandwich and I threw it at her, hit her in the face with it and hurt her, she said the safety word and I was on her helping her like a shot - switching off the asshole is very important!!

Role playing is good to discover what you really like doing in bed or even outside of sex, it is fun making that jump outside of the bedroom and it then turns into a more imaginative activity to do together!

We have a giggle about a lot of the messed up stuff we do later on as well, was one day not so long back I made her go into tesco barefoot (shes got a foot thing) and buy some 'obvious anal lube' and condoms and go to the human till instead of the self service thing, she was blushing like a beacon and we still giggle about it!

For us it is a fun activity to do together and has done our relationship a lot of good! :yippe:
  • Options
    Randomboy isn't up for pretending to be strangers at a bar as he said he would find that situation socially awkward and wouldn't enjoy it.

We did do a great cats role play last night. I was a tabby cat and he was a silvery grey cat, we miaowed and purred a lot and did lots of cat stuff.
  • Options
    You did a poo in the bath?

:D
  • Options
    peed on the carpet? :D
  • Options
    dragged a half dead bird/mouse in through the cat flap?
  • Options
    If you still have those quail eggs try out this
  • Options
    Theres a big difference between acting out abuse (which IMO isn't a healthy activity) and practicing BDSM activities which if done correctly can be a great method of sexual expression. Have a look at the wikipedia entry for ideas.