Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trying to Reconnect with an Old Friend.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Back in 2009 I met a a guy who was pretty much my best friend for a while. We use to go everywhere together and hang out all the time. But my boyfriend got really jealous and started to harass him a lot on my Facebook. So to get my boyfriend to leave him alone I removed him, without any notice or warning, from every kind of connection I had with him.

Ever since I regretted my decision, and after a while it's finally starting to eat me up inside. After a long few weeks of searching I found his new Facebook account (he changed his name so it was very hard) and I don't know if I should try communicating to him or not. It's been almost two years now since the last time I talked to him. And I am scared he changed a lot, and resents me for things my boyfriend might have said to him.

Would it be wise to contact him on Facebook?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Citran.

I don't think he'd resent you for things your boyfriend said, I think he'd resent you for cutting him out of your life just like that without warning or explanation. I've had that done to me (many years ago) and to this day I still think about it from time to time and wonder why it happenned.

I won't lie, if that girl got in touch with me again out of the blue I would be sceptical above anything else.

That said what do you have to lose? He might be pleased to here from you. As for whether he's changed you will only find that out by talking to him.

Send him a message and it's then entirely up to him what happens next. Just be prepared to receive no reply if that's what he chooses to do
    Yeah. Thanks for the advice. The thing I want more than anything is to at least apologies for it. Even if it means knowing that the friendship is gone.
    Citran wrote: »
    Back in 2009 I met a a guy who was pretty much my best friend for a while. We use to go everywhere together and hang out all the time. But my boyfriend got really jealous and started to harass him a lot on my Facebook. So to get my boyfriend to leave him alone I removed him, without any notice or warning, from every kind of connection I had with him.

Ever since I regretted my decision, and after a while it's finally starting to eat me up inside. After a long few weeks of searching I found his new Facebook account (he changed his name so it was very hard) and I don't know if I should try communicating to him or not. It's been almost two years now since the last time I talked to him. And I am scared he changed a lot, and resents me for things my boyfriend might have said to him.

Would it be wise to contact him on Facebook?

Go for it and give him an honest explanation, but don't be miffed if he declines, because I am pissed too when people brush me off, because their boyfriend/girlfriend said so.

But I'd do it. You can 1up yourself and call him (if you have his number).
    On one hand you still remember having a fab relationship, and can remember all the positive memories. On the other hand you miss the person. However, if you get back in contact with this person, he may have changed and therefore you may forget all the positive memories. I think you should sit down by yourself and write a list of pro and cons and then decide whether or not you should get back in touch :)
    Would be interested to know how this went if you decided to message him :thumb:
    you know his full name?

www.192.com

:yes: