Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Update to my CV

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was going to post this in Home, Law & Money, but wasn't sure.

I was on one of those 13 week courses (but only did 3 weeks in the centre, 10 were spent training off site), but within those 3 weeks I did NOTHING. I was meant to have my CV checked and updated, regardless of me pestering them to help me [as others didn't care], I still got no help. Afterwards I had to go see my advisor in the job centre. I went to see her, but they're referring me to the Work Programme for September [which is doing the same thing of going to these centres, but with forced labor involved, and more dickheads clogging the system.]

So I needed guidance from her on what to put on my CV. Now my CV is fine, I like it. But there is a part in my eduction that I've always struggled to fill. I did a CompTIA A+ course, but I never finished it by taking any official exams. Since I don't have the qualification, I can't put it down that I do, but I was told to put down that I studied the course. How would I go about writing this into the CV in a sentence or more?

I asked my advisor to check my CV over, all she did was send me a crap run of the mill CV template (which I didn't need or ask for) and basically told me to "put it under education", where it already is on my own CV and not actually advising me what to write on it.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Javakrypt, I'm gonna move this into the Work forum, seems like the best place for questions about CVs :)
  • Options
    So what is your actual question?

How do you mention the course you did on your CV?

Under the education section, put a line that says: Attended CompTIA A+ Course. The skills learnt on the course include blah, blah and blah.

No mention of completeing the course, no mention of a qualification, but no massively pointing out that you didn't either,

Any more problems?
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Someone else told me to not put anything because I didn't receive a qualification. Yet, by doing that, it looks like I did nothing at all from June 2009 - June 2010.
  • Options
    So what is your actual question?

How do you mention the course you did on your CV?

Under the education section, put a line that says: Attended CompTIA A+ Course. The skills learnt on the course include blah, blah and blah.

No mention of completeing the course, no mention of a qualification, but no massively pointing out that you didn't either,

Any more problems?

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. :)