Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Which dry shampoo?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My hair gets very greasy quickly. I washed it Thursday evening, woke up this morning and it's greasy again.

In between washing, (I usually wash it between 3 and 4 times a week, depending on whether I go swimming) what dry shampoo should I use?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive tried a few, and Batiste is the only one thats passable
    yes, Batiste do them in loads of varieties like tropical sent, and ones with glitter
    i like the coloured one
    i used to use it a lot for my fringe when my hair was a bit longer
    I have red hair so have to be super careful cus it can turn powdery, the above made it go white lol the best is Mark Hill its in a white bottle with pink lettering from boots about 6 pound but very very good x
    I've tried loads and batiste seems to be the best! You can get rid of the whiteness by a bit of extra rubbing/brushing. I recently tried a tresemme one (I need one that isn't an aerosol for sailing) and it is is crap! Don't know if the other tresemme ones are better, but this is a mousse and just makes my hair gungey.
    Thanks guys. Will have a look in Boots tomorrow.
    I've tried loads and batiste seems to be the best! You can get rid of the whiteness by a bit of extra rubbing/brushing. I recently tried a tresemme one (I need one that isn't an aerosol for sailing) and it is is crap! Don't know if the other tresemme ones are better, but this is a mousse and just makes my hair gungey.
    Batiste do a non-aerosol one. It's in a little white bottle I saw it in Superdrug :)
    piccolo wrote: »
    Batiste do a non-aerosol one. It's in a little white bottle I saw it in Superdrug :)

Wicked thanks! Just in time for this weekend's sailing trip :)
    if you're washing every other day thats fine, just get a really good hair mask for the ends and middle lengths and a good leave in conditioner for all over. I have very oily hair and i do this every other day. I hate dry shampoos
    the reason your hair is going white is cus you are spraying it too close to the root.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Weekender Offender 
    ive tried a few, and Batiste is the only one thats passable

I have this one and it is ok, Thanks guys. :)
    Maybe you are using too much conditioner?

I used to get greasy hair really quickly but when someone suggested I cut down on the ammount of conditioner I used it would last longer looking pretty :)
    I don't use conditioner like that. If I don't go swimming, my hair is only washed twice a week.
    I swear by Batiste. It literally is Amaze and only cheap as it usually costs around £2.00/£3.00. :)