Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ghost pages

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
"Ghost pages" is what I call it when in a thread there seems to be a page number that takes you to the previous page when you click on it.
I've been noticing a lot of these in some threads lately, particularly the "good things" thread. Ghost pages are commonly a result of posts getting deleted, but the frequency it seems to happen lately (I think I've seen it happen 3-4 times in the last two months) gives me some doubt.
In case so many posts have really been deleted lately it's ok, I'm just wondering if this time it might be caused by a bug, since it's so often.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could be the deletion of a users posts on mass, and if in certain threads they have made a sufficient amount of posts, then this is where the issue would have been made.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, I did say that in my post. But lately it's been happening "abnormally" often so I ask, just in case this time it's a different reason, as I also said in my post...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I did say that in my post. But lately it's been happening "abnormally" often so I ask, just in case this time it's a different reason, as I also said in my post...

I haven't noticed it happening abnormally often. In the good things thread and in the who's on top thread and maybe the ranty thread? All of which have been going a long time and have had massive numbers of posts.