Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What to wear to graduation - HELP!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's my graduation on wednesday and the letter says to wear something with a collar and buttons. However I really struggle to find blouses that fit me because I have big boobs. I usually wear v-neck tops/dresses as they're the most flattering so don't own anything with proper collars and buttons. Anyone have any idea what I could wear? Bearing in mind I'm having photos taken that are going to be given to family too!! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They only say that so you have something to put the ...cape thing... string under. I didn't wear a collar/buttons and neither did my sister or most of the girls at my graduation.
    Same at mine, I wore a shirt but some even wore dresses and still managed to attach the gown, you're just 'not supposed' to stick safety pins through the gown, but most people still do! :)
    I still don't know what to wear! I have a plain short sleeve black wrap dress I wore to my grandads funeral, it's plain but the only thing I have that's suitable really.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I still don't know what to wear! I have a plain short sleeve black wrap dress I wore to my grandads funeral, it's plain but the only thing I have that's suitable really.

This is what I wore to mine:
    63433_472848246942_725926942_5903971_3406222_n.jpg
    (That's my Gran, she's awesomecool)

This is what Twinny wore:
    38883_416647211942_725926942_4854328_6360074_n.jpg

One of the girls I graduated with wore a low-cut t-shirt and black trousers.

As long as it's smart-ish I think you're pretty much fine.
    Anything you like that's reasonably presentable, that you'd be happy to see you in the photos of, and isn't really really light weight fabric as that's a sod to attach a hood to.

I didn't get a choice in what to wear to mine.
    Have you tried Pepperberry (Bravissimo) or Marisota for a blouse for big boobs.

I'm surprised they're that strict I've never heard of women having to wear a top with a collar and buttons. Talk to your friends and see how seriously they're taking that rule.

Also, if you don't have buttons take safety pins to discreetly pin your hood in place at the shoulders (a hood often has a loop to attach to the buttons on a shirt).
    Piccolo - you could be in for a shock when it comes to Oxford graduation then.
    I had a look on paperberry but there's not a great deal of choice. I think I'll stick to my black dress and just take safety pins - from what I gather quite a few girls are wearing dresses too.
    Piccolo - you could be in for a shock when it comes to Oxford graduation then.

Bloody sub fusc. I had it in my head I was done with it after exams. :(

You're right I forgot about the crazy Oxbridge rules.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I had to suffer. And an MEng hood is wool, in July. Wasn't going to let you off.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I had to suffer. And an MEng hood is wool, in July. Wasn't going to let you off.

I'm not sure I get a graduation, since it's a diploma. Would only be half disappointed with that in mind.
    Just one more thing to worry about and have expense over and therefore one more reason why I'm seriously contemplating not going to my graduation. I know I don't care about it now but I wonder whether I will in the future? hmmn...
    I think your graduation has already passed, but here are some other sites beside Pepperberry that make blouses for women with big boobs:
    www.campbellandkate.com
    www.carissarose.com
    www.rebeccaanddrew.com
    www.cast-woman.com (this is the only one in the UK)

I'm not sure if you're planning to get a new job after graduation or what it's dress code will be, but one of these blouses might be a good investment for it.