Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Begining a relationship- advice please :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I am sort of seeing this guy now, and things are good except one thing is bugging me. He seems the sort that is not clingy, but like, likes to spend a lot of time with me (I realise I say it like it's a bad thing...). I really like my personal space and find that doing stuff most nights is quite tiring and that ideally I would see him maybe two/three times a week, especially as it is in early stages of the relationship.
My question is, what do I say to him when I get asked what my plans are for the coming week. I make plans at short notice, and as well as seeing him I have to do thing like food shopping and seeing other friends and remembering to have some "me" time.
Does anyone know how I can sensitively approach the subject of maybe seeing each other less often, so that I am not stressed because I have no time to do other things, and so that the time we spend together is more special?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i say the best way is to just be truthful and tell him how yuu feel..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i say the best way is to just be truthful and tell him how yuu feel..

Pretty much it. When he asks what your plans are just tell him you are busy with other stuff this night and that night but would like to see him on the other night(s).

if he questions it just tell him that you like your own space sometimes (btw that is a perfectly reasonable request, i don't think I could spend every evening with the same person no matter how much i liked them)

He should be able to understand that and if he doesn't he maybe isn't the right one for you.

Good luck.