Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ritalin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone have any experiences of using it, legally or not?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Tried using it several times when I was younger as a recreational drug. It wasn't worth it.

Your better of just getting some regular phet.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not really for that sort of thing - I have ADHD and Ritalin is the treatment, only thing is I have to wait months before I get it but have 'access' of sorts to it in the meantime.
    Dunno, I don't have ADHD.

If I did, I still don't think I'd be too keen to taking phet type substance on a daily basis. Has some pretty crappy side effects.
    Weekender Offender 
    I crushed some up and snorted them quite a few years ago. I agree with Skive, they weren't that great.
    Regarding the medical use of Ritalin, I also don't have ADHD, but yeah I'm sure they can become addictive.
    I have not done it but whilst I was at university some of my other class mates used to take it to help them revise.

I personally wouldn't want to take it on a long term basis
    I've eaten it before while out, and also to wake me up for revision etc. I found it to be much better than speed - not as noticeable physical effects, just an awakeness and clarity.
    That's what I'm after. As a sufferer of ADD my attention and focus drifts instantly and has caused me problems through work, relationships etc all through my life and now I've found what seems to be a "cure" of sorts I'm definitely giving it a try.
    Surely, therapy is better than just taking drugs?
    That's what I'm after. As a sufferer of ADD my attention and focus drifts instantly and has caused me problems through work, relationships etc all through my life and now I've found what seems to be a "cure" of sorts I'm definitely giving it a try.

Bear in mind, there is still a real lack of evidence that Ritalin is useful in the treatment of ADHD. There's also a very real chance of addiction and some unpleasant side effects.

Definately not worth self medicating with. If you want to take it I suggest you see a doctor about it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Therapy is in theory better than medication however no amount if threat will get my focus and concentration working.

At the moment I'm looking at about 12 months before I get diagnosed officially but as anyone with ADD will tell you it's a living hell and there's not much I won't try.
    Hey:) have you tried asking on http://www.addforums.com? i find it a really useful resourse.