Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anorexic but binges?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey
Well when i was 13 (now 18) i was diagnosed with anorexia and was in hopstial for 5 months and recover quite well, though i still had certain issues but they were controllable
I got into a habit where on a sunday before weigh in i would panic becasue i was scared of not maintiainng the weight or losing weight, so i would not do any exercise or eat a bit more, but nothing major, you could call it being a normal lazy sunday maybe
However more recently its got to a new level. I will be very active and probably not eat enough in the week, and then on the sunday i will hardly eat much in the day, but then buy loads and loads of chocoalte and sweets etc and just binge on the sunday night, and i mean eats loads of food and anything i can get my hands on :( i really worried about this habit to my health and my life :(
Has anyone felt the same or could offer some advice?
xxx

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    :wave: CrazyJade93,

It's great that you have realised this pattern in your eating behaviour might have an affect on your health and have come to chat about it.

It sounds as though you have got in a bit of a habit of binging on Sunday nights, and that this is increasing over time. Do you still have the weigh ins on Mondays? It sounds as though you eat like this on the Sunday because you want to be a satisfactory weight for your Doctor on the Monday, is that right?

Have you thought about chatting with your Doctor about it, and explaining that you are over-eating on Sundays and how it's making you feel?

It sounds as though you already have some kind of support for your eating disorder in the past. In the first instance it is a good idea to talk to the person you already speak to about this, such as a Doctor or whoever does the weigh ins, or a parent? If you'd prefer to chat about it to someone confidentially or ask more questions the best people to chat to are B-eat and they have a Youthline on 0845 634 7650 Mon - Fri 4:30pm - 8:30pm and Sat 1:00pm - 4:30pm.

Hope that helps,
    LauraO