Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to wear?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seemed like it should go here but feel free to move it :)

I have a job interview on Thursday for a job as an after school playworker and I was wondering what I should wear. I'm going to be travelling up by train and bus and it'll take me about 2 hours to get there. Given the current weather, it looks like it'll be quite hot so I don't want to turn up all sweaty. Also, should I wear a suit or something a bit more casual like a blouse and trousers or something?

It's been so long since I had an interview, please help!

Comments

• Options
    I would wear blouse and trousers. Is there a dress code as such for the job? That may help you.
  • Options
    Looking after kids i would think you'd need to wear quite casual clothes that it doesnt matter if they get mucky so for interview nothing too formal, just smart trousers/skirt and a nice blouse/top i would think
  • Options
    I agree with Lexi. Given the hot weather, I would be inclined to travel in a skirt without tights and put tights on in the train loo just before arriving. A short-sleeved blouse would be fine.
  • Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjJVfB1j1RNvZ_NElUQIosioIx5kXRK_3r_DCM7Ja2hvjYgQrX

I find wearing this always ensures I close the deal.
  • Options
    Ignore CCH.

Neat and tidy top and bottoms - don't need a suit, just need to look like you've put in a bit of effort to take it seriously.

There's always the summer top foe the journey, swap for smarter at the last minute.
  • Options
    Ignore CCH.

I find this to be a good idea in any circumstance.
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies. I'm thinking of opting for a dark, short-sleeved blouse so that if there are sweat patches, they shouldn't see them. Changing when I get to the station sounds like a pretty good idea.

Melian, no dress code was mentioned so I've asked a friend who has a similar job what she wears.