Home Work & Volunteering
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

What to wear?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seemed like it should go here but feel free to move it :)

I have a job interview on Thursday for a job as an after school playworker and I was wondering what I should wear. I'm going to be travelling up by train and bus and it'll take me about 2 hours to get there. Given the current weather, it looks like it'll be quite hot so I don't want to turn up all sweaty. Also, should I wear a suit or something a bit more casual like a blouse and trousers or something?

It's been so long since I had an interview, please help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would wear blouse and trousers. Is there a dress code as such for the job? That may help you.
    Looking after kids i would think you'd need to wear quite casual clothes that it doesnt matter if they get mucky so for interview nothing too formal, just smart trousers/skirt and a nice blouse/top i would think
    I agree with Lexi. Given the hot weather, I would be inclined to travel in a skirt without tights and put tights on in the train loo just before arriving. A short-sleeved blouse would be fine.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjJVfB1j1RNvZ_NElUQIosioIx5kXRK_3r_DCM7Ja2hvjYgQrX

I find wearing this always ensures I close the deal.
    Ignore CCH.

Neat and tidy top and bottoms - don't need a suit, just need to look like you've put in a bit of effort to take it seriously.

There's always the summer top foe the journey, swap for smarter at the last minute.
    Ignore CCH.

I find this to be a good idea in any circumstance.
    Thank you, ladies. I'm thinking of opting for a dark, short-sleeved blouse so that if there are sweat patches, they shouldn't see them. Changing when I get to the station sounds like a pretty good idea.

Melian, no dress code was mentioned so I've asked a friend who has a similar job what she wears.