Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

30 day challenge anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! So after watching an inspirational TED talk today, I've decided I'm going to take up 30 day challenges.

I'm starting with meditation, as this is something i've found good in the past and really want to get into my routine.

If anyone wants to join in or just follow me, add me on livejournal: http://queenmab-roo.livejournal.com/51874.html

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I started with a no-wank challenge a few weeks ago, but I kinda failed after a week or so. In my defense, I was making out and fondling with a girl inbetween (and still 3 days before I did it).

I guess I could pick up sports again, like running or lifting weighs. Hmmm, I will think about it.
    I started running and praying the rosary (in lieu of meditation, which I'm useless at) during Lent and I've more-or-less kept both up.

If I come up with something new I might well join you but maybe after my finals!
    I might try being nice for 30 days.
    I might try being nice for 30 days.

Now THAT I'd like to see.
    You'd better warn us in advance so we don't consider this shocking personality change a symptom of a nasty illness...
    piccolo wrote: »
    You'd better warn us in advance so we don't consider this shocking personality change a symptom of a nasty illness...

:D:heart:
    I appreciate your input, accept your implied criticisms and take them on board. Thank you.
    I take that as a warning.
    piccolo wrote: »
    I take that as a warning.

I'm bracing myself for Day 31, when all the built up mocking boils over ;)
    Your assumption that I would be able to make the 30 days warms my heart. You are a wonderful, special and unique individual. And God loves you.
    Your assumption that I would be able to make the 30 days warms my heart. You are a wonderful, special and unique individual. And God loves you.

Oh this could be so much fun...
    Its good to know that you are on the 30 day challenge.Kindly update us about your progress so that we can have an idea how this challenge is working for you...
    Well I'm 6 days in, and have managed to fit meditation in on 3 of those days. I have been away on holiday for the weekend, entertaining friends, so i'm not too fussed that I've missed a couple, however now that I'm back I need to make sure I give time to myself to do it- after all, it's only half an hour per day! I'm enjoying it though :) The most difficult was deciding which challenge to do in which month, as I'd really love to do them all at once!