Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

JSA Claims

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can someone tell me their personal experience of how this all works please?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was just about to post a similar thread. I finish university on the 15th July (next Fri), what's the earliest I can claim?

Thanks!
    If you haven't seen them already we have a couple of factsheets about them too :)

JSA: http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/money/benefitsandtax/jobseekersallowance

JSA Complications:
    http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/money/benefitsandtax/jsacomplications

Let us know how you get on and if you have any more questions :thumb:
    piccolo wrote: »
    I was just about to post a similar thread. I finish university on the 15th July (next Fri), what's the earliest I can claim?

Thanks!

When you are no longer officially a student - July 15th.

I've had virtually no problem claiming. Had a slight problem this time thanks to someone deciding I must sign on the day after I had my interview thing.
    i was just really interested in experiences people have had coz ive heard different things about how long it will take etc x
    Hey there,

Thanks for posting.

I've not had any personal experiences with JSA. But from what I hear from others, it seems as though it really does depend which office you go to and who serves you. However, I did find many threads on the MoneySavingExpert.com website (link) which I thought might be useful for you.

Hope it all works out for you. :)
    i was just really interested in experiences people have had coz ive heard different things about how long it will take etc x

It can take a while if they need bank statements, etc.