Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Date/Time not showing in IE7

plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hey everyone,

Just something I've noticed that's beginning to annoy me slightly: when viewing TheSite at work, I can't see when the posts in threads were posted (as in top left of this post you will see the date and time; I can't see that). Any ideas what's wrong? I've tried logging in, changing theme etc and all the same :s

Curiously, it is fine with firefox at home...

I have also just noticed that the report post function is hidden behind the top bit of my post (to the right of where the date would be). Ver strange. I'm not sure I'll be able to screenshot due to it being a work pc, but if need be i can try.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    It's a work computer - I'm not allowed to download software...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Everything I could say to try and fix it, you probably aren't allowed to do then. Ask your network admins to upgrade to IE9. Are you allowed to browse this site on your work computers?
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Well there's nothing stopping me, but I'm probably not supposed to...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's impossible to upgrade from IE7 to IE9 as they're for different OS versions. IE8 is the best you could do.
    I'll also add that system upgrades (such as IE8) is, except in rare cases, a dangerous thing to not allow.
    I think "compatibility mode" might fix your issues but I don't remember if it exists in IE7.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    While it might be possible she is running XP with it being a work PC, it could be Vista. I would say though, stick to IE7 if you're on XP because IE8 has more security holes that aren't fixed [and likely won't ever be]. And yeah IE7 doesn't have the compatibility view option. Only thing I could suggest is Resetting IE settings, but you'd have to check beforehand incase there are customized settings that you need to replace.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I thought Vista started with IE8, but I guess I was wrong.

In any case, if you're going to use another browser, you should avoid IE anyway.